The Empress of Onigashima

"Orsola.. are you done yet!?" Stiyl Magnus yawned as he walked through the library of Necessarius, followed by Agnese Sanctis. "We have a visitor!"

Orsola Aquinas poked her head out ditzily from behind a shelf and smiled. "Oh.. a.. visitor here at this hour? It's so early.."

"mmm.. this visitor's not our usual visitor.." Stiyl muttered. 

Orsola looked behind Stiyl and Agnese and her jaw dropped. "E.. EHHHHHHHHHH!?"

Azmuth was sitting on a small hovering antigravity chair.. floating around easily on it as he approached quietly. "Why hello there.. you must be-.."

"IT'S YODA!!" squealed Orsola. "I'm such a big fan of how you use the force and everything Mr. Yoda!"

Azmuth blinked. "Is she-?"

"Always this air headed? Kind of.. though that's even more airheaded than her usual airheadedness.." Agnese muttered, folding her arms and shaking her head. "Jeez.."

"To what do we owe you the pleasure?" asked Stiyl. "Laura said you were here to obtain a few texts on.. did I get this right.. Oni?"

"Why yes.. it's a matter of updating a bit of my research on the subject.. " said Azmuth. "And as they are from Earth, the best records of them are on Earth.."

"Why the sudden interest on Japanese Demons?" asked Agnese. 

"Call it a situational interest.." said Azmuth with a small twinkle in his eye. "By the way.. is Ushiwakamaru here?"

"Yeah... out back.. she's sulky because she didn't get to see Ben off for his vacation.. " said Stiyl. "Why?"

"Let's just say, there's a little something I need to ask her about... Onigashima." said Azmuth as he floated on his chair towards the back door of the library..

*******************

Kintaro sighed with relief as he pulled on his robe and stared down at the twitching spider legs poking out of the blood filled hot spring which was now as red as a fountain of strawberry syrup..  His sword which he had managed to pull from his clothes was stained with the blood of the Jorogumo..

Max, who was also starting to put on his clothes, put holstered his alien plasma gun and grunted as he felt the lacerations on his back that Kumo had managed to dig into him before she had been sliced back by Kintaro. "Did we kill her?"

"Spiders don't bleed easily.. not the ones of the Yokai variety... no.. she purposely excreted a copious amount of her blood then shed her skin along with the armored coverings for her legs.. then escaped through black magic." said Kintaro. "She always was a sneaky one Kumo... "

"I see.." said Max. "She was disgusting though..haven't seen that much blood since the haunting of ectonurites in Vertis 927. "

"The yokai of her kind were always horrendous." grunted Kintaro.. his wings folding back into his shoulder blades.. disappearing as if by magic. 

The door suddenly burst open as Ben ran in. "Grandpa are you-.. Oh.. mmmff!" 

Ben put a hand to his mouth as he resisted the attempt to vomit. "Oh shit it reeks.. this is so gross."

"What's-?! OH YIKES!" Kuroko stammered putting her head partway through the door before grabbing her mouth. "Sissy, Hoshimi do NOT come in here.."

"OUT OF MY WAY!" Hoshimi's shrill voice squealed. "Kintaro.. is Kintaro-!?"

"We're alright!" Kintaro called to the doorway. "We've got a few bumps and scratches but we're none the worse for wear.."

"G.. good.. it would be rather exhausting to search for a new attendant.."