Dual of Fire: Senbonzakura

Note from the Authors: 

The idea of Demons of Onigashima was due to the fact we always wanted to make a book with Ben 10 in a Ghibli Studio type atmosphere that also showed off our Japanese roots. MisakaLovesYou is from Kyoto which is the Yokai Capital of the world. We just wanted to say we're happy that some of our readers are in fact getting Spirited Away vibes from this side series of Ben and Mikoto's adventures in the realm of demons and japanese gods, as this was exactly our intention. In future books of the Omnitrix Onigashima story-line we hope to implement Impulser, Accelerator, and maybe even Othinus, The Demon Corazon, Vilgax, Aleister and a few other Japanese Fate Servants like Miyamoto Musashi and Sakata Kintoki.  Things are going to get busier now with MisakaLovesYou teaching in Taiwan and our My Alien Academia series coming out with Ben Tennyson joining the spectacular UA academy, but we'll be sure to Plus Ultra our way through all of it!  Thank you to all our readers, and thank you for making Demons of Onigashima a success so far!

Hoshimi stared at the store window before her, the images of the tvs behind them reflected on her rather beautiful eyes.  The images fascinated her. If she asked about it, people might give her some strange explanation related to what Misaka had said about capturing light and reflecting it. 

Hoshimi never learned such things from any of her science tutors. Everything was on how the gods and spirits worked, and how humans in the mortal realm were far less advanced then the superior scholars of the realm of Yokai. 

However that was far from the truth many regards. For one thing, Hoshimi discovered that trains like the Spirit Train that ran between Onigashima and the realm of the mortal humans, were in fact a human invention that was spruced up by yokai with magic to create the Spirit Railways. 

And things like the Internet, never had Hoshimi seen such a strange and powerful chaotic network.  If only the court mages of the Yokai had such a thing, they wouldn't have to bother with such stamina draining communication magic. 

And the ability to capture music in the flat box that Hoshimi had on her now.. it was a wonder she had been holding with her for the long 3 years of her exile. 

Hoshimi shivered, the unusual cold weather of the season was in full affect.. and she didn't know why it froze so much during the summer this year.. 

She moved down the street to a trashcan which was burning while a few homeless people put their hands up to warm themselves.

At that moment a hooded figure walked up behind her. He was short. in fact the figure barely came up to her shoulder, and there was something strange in the gait of which he walked. 

He wore a large red parka and hood that obscured his face. 

"Hey,kiddo, care to make some room? I'm freezing."

Hoshimi nodded and stood aside, allowing the figure to start warming himself.  "Apologies."

"Say, kiddo. " said the figure. "You look a little starved. Want some food? I've got some free sandwich samples over by my box, just got em. Clean, free, thought I'd share some with the other guys here but they've eaten already."

Hoshimi blinked with surprise. "You would share your bounty with me?"

"Sure, you remind me of my sister, I'd totally help you out."  said the figure gesturing for Hoshimi to follow. "Can't leave a kid to suffer the cold without a little food in her belly."

Hoshimi followed the figure over to a secluded alleyway, when suddenly the figure pulled off his parka.

Hoshimi froze and let out a short scream. The figure had a rat-like face covered in fur with yellow bulbous eyes, a bald skinless tail, and what looked like a sharp mane of spines going down from his head to his back.