The Funeral

Rowan was the first to wake, taking Dylan's truck to the bus stop to meet Hannah. The drive was quiet, humming along to the morning tunes and lightly tapping the steering wheel. He was oddly at ease, perhaps it was the presence of his sister to arrive very soon. It was six fifty-eight and he was growing nervous, the bus was supposed to be here any minute. What if something happened? What if the bus crashed with his baby sister inside? His worry soon eased when he heard the clunky bus coming his way. His chest tightened, it's been so long since he had seen Hannah.

"Hey!" She beamed, running off the bus, bag in hand. Hannah flung her arms around her older brother.

"Hi," Rowan breathed into her hair, wrapping his arms tightly around her.

"I'm so sorry, Ro." She pulled away. "I should have came when you told me what happened." Regret evident in her beautiful features. Rowan shook his head.

"No Han, school is more important; don't worry about me." She gave him a doubtful glare. "I know what you're thinking - but I'm fine. The guys are helping me, I'm just trying my hardest since you're here." He softened his tone.

Hannah nodded. "I'm still sorry, I wish I could've been there for you. All of you." A small smile made its way to her face.

"It's alright," Rowan paused. "Let's get going, I'm sure the rest of the guys want to see you, too." He popped the door open for her; making sure she was comfortable before closing the door. Rowan got in and drove off.

An hour before the funeral, everyone was putting the last touches on their outfits.

Rowan and Hannah looked almost identical with their pastel blue and black outfits, wearing the matching necklaces Kyle had gotten them the Christmas prior. Prominent silver chains wrapped around their tanned necks, and the beautiful diamond "C" hanging comfortably on their breastplates. The slight pumps on her heels gave her a few more inches but she was still significantly shorter than her handsome older brother.

Dylan kept himself classy, nice black suit with a white shirt - only adding a hint of color with his cotton candy colored tie. The pink and blue clouds on his tie reminded him of Kyle whose favorite flower being those same colors. Dylan wanted to rip the tie right off of his neck and stomp on it until the colors were no more. But he suffered, keeping it fastened around his neck.

Noah tousled his newly dyed hair, the pink was turning salmon and it wasn't bright enough to match the scenery. Kyle always told him how much he loved his colorful hair, he did this for him. His suit was too loose, he prayed that no one would notice too much. The cuffs around his wrist were fastened the tightest they could go. He didn't want to slip up and draw the attention where it wasn't needed.

Oliver was fixing his hair, it did not want to stay down. He gave up, letting the fluffy mess jut out. He didn't really care, Kyle wouldn't have anyways. The white button down was all he had, Oliver almost never went out to anything fancy. The tight dress pants were from three years ago, glad he still had them now.

Adam helped Blaize fasten his tie, the older man never knowing how. The all black suit hung slightly loose on his small frame, he guesses it was obvious it was Adam's. Regardless, he looked handsome, his ghostly white skin impossibly whiter from the dark clothes. Blaize couldn't keep his eyes off of Adam, all of his boy-like features now vanished. Who stood in front of him was now a man, he didn't mind it.

"You look good," Blaize spoke, glancing up to meet Adam's eyes. He'd forgotten how tall he grew, the eighteen year-old man in front of him was not the same fifteen year old who he had accidentally kissed when they had gotten drunk. He wasn't complaining though, he loved them the same.