Meeting Old Family

The rest of the day had been spent in the park, hanging out while eating pastries from Marinette's family bakery. It was only after patrol did Marinette start getting ready for tomorrow, "I thought you weren't going on the trip Marinette" said Tiki, "that may be true but I'm going to the circus for a different reason" responded Marinette as she grabbed the costume that she had been working on all week of the mannequin and put it in the special bag so that it wouldn't be damaged.

"Which is?" asked Tiki, "well I have to practice for the performance tomorrow night" stated Marinette as she zipped up the sports bag and got ready for bed, "performance?" said Tiki in a confused tone, "I have an uncle who works as a strongman in the circus so before ladybug, I used to tour with the circus as Blue Bird, you know the one Lila was lying about being in before the end of class" responded Marinette smiling, "how have you never told me this before, I thought you train at the gymnastics hall for being better at LadyBug?" replied Tiki, "that is true but yes I do go their in order to keep up with being able to tricks on the Trapeze, sorry that I never told you Tiki" said Marinette looking guilty.

"We are all entitled to our own secrets Marinette, although it's nice to know the reason behind how you got used to the yo-yo so quickly" replied Tiki giggling softly towards the end, "Now you better get some sleep so you not late".
"You better listen to Tiki, just because you had patrol doesn't mean you should catch some sleep," said Marinette's mother from the trapdoor, "yes mother" replied Marinette as she settled into bed for the night.

By some miracle, Marinette was able to get up on time for once due to Tiki shouting her ear and her mother pouring a cold cup of water onto her face. Since she had packed her gear yesterday night, all she had to do was get dressed and make sure she had her phone along with some earphones. She got dressed quickly, wearing a plain top, blue hoodie, black leggings and blue trainer, she didn't bother to do anything with her hair except brush it as it was easier to sort it out at the circus grounds.

It took about twenty minutes to get there and it that time, she worked on a few designs along with listening to Jagged Stone's newest album. As soon as she got out of her parent's car she was bombarded by Charles, Coraline's little brother (who was training to be a tightrope performer) who pulled her into a bone-crushing hug.
"Mari, I've missed you so much" he yelled, thank kwami Marinette had her earphones in otherwise she would have probably lost her hearing.
"I've missed you too, petit oiseau" replied Marinette pulling him away from her in order for her to breathe.
"Marinette, it's good to see you again," said Coraline, picking up her little brother by his collar in order for Marinette to have a bit of space.
"Same to you Cora" Marinette replied as she grabbed her bag from the trunk of her parent's car.
"See you after the performance, sweetheart," Marinette's father said before giving her a kiss on the cheek and driving back home.

"Right, well you'll be sharing my trailer again, so let's go put your things in there" announced Coraline as her brother ran off as his mother was calling his name from inside the circus tent. The plot of land that the Circus had hired was quite large so the was enough room for everyone to practice their parts, as both girls headed to the trailer, multiple times Marinette was stopped by the other performers saying hello or giving her quick hugs. As soon as the got inside the trailer and Coraline shut the door, the integration started.
"Ok what's being going on in that damn school of your" Coraline questioned bluntly as Marinette put her bags on the spare bunk.
"Nothing has been going on" replied Marinette sharply, avoiding Coraline's eyes,
"Clearly, something has since I know you better, you look more drained than the time we had to do three performances a day for two weeks" retorted Coraline, sighing Marinette fell back on her bed stair at the paint that was peeling off the trailer's ceiling.

"Fine, you got me, there is something going on at school," said Marinette in defeat knowing Coraline wouldn't drop it if she didn't tell her.
"Worst than hawkmoth finding out you ladybug or just normal teenage drama" questioned Coraline, making Marinette quickly sit up in shock. She opened her mouth to respond but Coraline put her hand up to stop her,
"I've been performing with you since we were eight and dated you for three years, you really didn't think I would have figured it out, along with everyone else at the circus, now get on with the story".
"It's this girl, Lila, at first she was a new girl who stole one of Adrien's book but also claimed to be a superhero which I called her out on due to me being jealous but then when she came back, started telling all these tales out how she saved uncle Jagged kitten which might I add, he has never owned one, she claimed he wrote a song about her, she also claimed Prince Ali knew her from her helping out with his charities along with knowing several famous directors and actors," Marinette took a chance to breathe while Coraline went over the stories in her head in order for it to sink in.
"Then she tried to get me to kick out of school by claimed I stole the answer sheet's to a test along with stealing a necklace of her and pushing her down the stairs, she succeeded in getting me kicked out until Adrien made a deal with her in order for her to get me back into school, after all, that she still claims to have several disabilities and that I have been bullying her, the only friends I have now are Luka, Chloe, Kagami and Adrien" and with that Marinette laying back down on her bed with her face in her hands.
"the guitar boy, your old bully, the famous fencer and the crush," said Coraline quietly with Marinette nodding her head in response,
"Anything else?" questioned Coraline to which made Tiki fly out of Marinette's hair and in front of Coraline's face.

"The Lila claimed to be Blue Bird and because the reason she wasn't performing is that her mother wanted her to be with the class so she got to train the replacement instead," Tiki said quickly, to which Coraline responded "well then we just got to prove her wrong", not even fazed by the flying Kwami.
"How do we do that?" asked Marinette, her voice muffled,
"Easy" stated Coraline.

Notes: petit oiseau - little bird (french)