Chapter 5

Demi's POV

I get back from my concert in New York and hear my phone buzz. Ugh it's probably another twitter notification. I notice an unfamiliar number show up on my lock screen and immediately rub my eyes so that I can read the text clearly.

I am shocked at what I'm reading. A girl named Charlotte has been kidnapped and the only number her phone can text is mine. She has no idea that it's me from what I know. But wait...is this some kind of joke? I had met this super obsessed fan a few months ago that would not leave me alone and preceded to beg, and I mean beg, for my personal number. I really am hoping this isn't some plan created by one of those celebrity stalkers.

I wash the makeup I had been wearing during the show off my face and take a seat on the couch inside my tour bus. I think for awhile about the chances of this being real or not and reach a conclusion. There is a slim chance that this is real, but I can't play with someone's life and risk it.

I call the police and wait for an operator to pick up.

"911. What's your emergency?"

"I just got a text from a girl that has been kidnapped with a lot of information. I have no idea who she is, but she claims my number is the only number her phone can text," I speak clearly and read the operator the text as she records the information.

After I hang up the phone, I decide to text back Charlotte, knowing she is probably scared if this is real.

Hi Charlotte. We are going to get through this together. Please stay calm and fight, I'm going to help you. Sorry for the late response. If you have any more information or questions text me right away.

I decide not to divulge in a text that I'm Demi Lovato. I don't know how she will react, or if she is even a fan of me or my music. I wouldn't want her to think about me helping her differently. The important thing is that I'm going to help her, it doesn't matter if I'm "famous" or not.

My phone vibrates, startling me, although it's only twitter. I can't imagine what's it's like to be in Charlotte's situation and that's what scares me the most.

To be kidnapped and held hostage is not something someone can easily deal with alone. I'm hoping that I can help her return home safely. If I need to postpone my tour or not travel as much, I'll do whatever it takes.

I'm going to help Charlotte one way or another.

Hi everyone! So I know this is kind of a short chapter but I wanted to update so that you could see how Demi was involved in this story. Do you think she will save Charlotte? Thank you for the reads so far and remember to keep reading and vote!