7. Water Runs Dry

All Rights Reserved

Water Runs Dry - Boyz II Men

~ Dawn ~

A month. Still nothing. I don't know if I can deal with this. It's killing me emotionally and mentally knowing that I haven't talked to him. Even in school I haven't seen him. I've been drained lately, and extremely depressed. I barely got out the house, and I think my parents were starting to worry.

"Sweet Pea?' My dad poked his head through the door, which is something my mom usually does. He hasn't called me sweet pea in years, also.

"Yeah, dad?" I asked looking up from where I was laying on the bed.

"You okay?' He asked calmly sitting down. I shook my head hard, letting tears fall down my face again. My dad walked over to where I was laying and sat next to me. "What's wrong, baby girl? You been in this room for weeks." I shook my head again. "You can tell me anything." He said, and I just ended up telling him everything. He took everything in, and he shook his head, lifting my chin. "You got your mother's pride."

"Huh?" Was all I could say.

"You and your mother. Same thing, I swear. One thing that would've made everything a hell of a lot better, was if you just said those two words that your pride keeps you from saying."

"I know," I whispered.

"But, seriously, sweet pea, don't let things like this distract you from the things that really matter," He said. I shook my head.

"Daddy, he really did matter. But, I messed it all up," I shook my head again, releasing more tears with my head bent so that he wouldn't see my face.

"Stop crying, Baby Girl. You know what they say, 'If it was meant to be, then he'll come back'." I nodded my head in agreement. This is why I love my parents. "Okay, I'll leave you alone now," He said getting up and walking out the room. "In my room if you need me. HOLLA." He added leaving the room. I laughed so hard at the last part. Something I didn't do in a month, I wiped my tears, and got up, grabbing my tears. I was done feeling sorry for myself and needed to think. So, I decided to head to the park.

I don't wanna be without you, baby. I don't want a broken heart. I quickly skipped the song with one hand and kept the other on the wheel. I was listening to my Beyonce CD. It was old, yeah, but I thought those songs were classic. I love to see you walk into the room, body shining lighting up the place. And when you talk, everybody stop cause they know you know just what to say, and. Skipped. Every song that played had me thinking of Michael. I shook it off, and ended up turning off the radio, the one thing that usually kept me sane.

I was looking for parking, and found one, then proceeded with getting out of the car. I was taking a walk in the park, thinking hard, when I heard a familiar laugh. I looked up, and I saw Ty on the swings with some girl, and they seemed to be having a lot of fun. I blinked a couple times, pinched myself, and it was all real. Without even thinking, I yelled out his name, and he looked over at me in shock, I ran up to him and kissed him hard on the lips. Pulling out of the kiss, I looked into his eyes, and he was staring at me like I was crazy.

"Who the hell are you?" The girl he was on the swings with asked angrily, getting up from where she was sitting. Ty looked at he calmly, telling her that it was all okay. I was getting angry, too. And walked away.I didn't understand anything that was going on. I didn't even understand my actions, but it was just the fact that I finally saw him and I was full of mixed emotions.

He replaced me? And he didn't even tell me that we were over, but he moved on. Once again, tears were staining my cheeks, as the cold was stinging my face. The wind made it even worse, and harder to keep my emotions bottled in.