Don't Jump To Conclusions

Modern au, poly losers club ship, accused of cheating, pretty angsty and hints/small physical acts of non consensual activities, along with small redemption for Greta (being a minor friend to the losers)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suspicions. That's all the losers had for Richie. Suspicions. The rule of checking phones? Out the window. Telling the others were you were going? Out the window! No one really trusted Richie all that much anymore.

But Richie only hid his phone because of one person. He didn't know them at all, he didn't have anything but their age sent to him, a (supposedly) 20 year old guy. He was explicit with him. Said he knew where Richie lived. Richie never replied, only when the guy first messaged him, saying he was pretty. He only said thank you and that was it.

The messages mostly read 'U there baby doll?' or 'c'mon I wanna see u bb'. He felt scared, because the small percentage of 'I know where u live' s was the worst. They were the most explicit one. Saying what he'd do to the boy if he ever got him alone.

Though, one day, the phone checking got forced back on Richie, courtesy of Bev. She had managed to find his phone open one day when Richie left to find his missing anklet, and searched through his Instagram DM's. And she found the creep. All the messages. All the photos. Her mind was fueled by anger.

"BABY DOLL!?" She was screaming, venting, to the other five of her lovers. "HE CALLED RICHIE BABY DOLL AND BABY!"

"Bev, hun-"

"Hey guys!" Richie had arrived at the clubhouse, anklet found and dangling lightly from his foot. Beverly stared at him and threw Richie's phone at him, hitting Richie in the face. "BABY DOLL!? YOU GOT SOMEONE ELSE ON THE SIDE, RICHIE!?"

"What? Beverly I don't-"

"Yes. You. Do. We should've listened to Greta. You're a self centered asshole!" Beverly gripped at her hair and sobbed. Richie was shaking is fear, in fear of Beverly throwing something at him again, his phone already giving him a bleeding nose. "Bevvie, guys, please I-"

"I-I think it's t-tuh-time for you to go, Rich." Bill was monotone. Cold. Hurt. Richie felt his heart shatter. He wasn't a cheater. He didn't want to hurt them. "You're disgusting, Richard. You cheating ass." Stan sighed, setting down his book and holding the sobbing Beverly. "F-F-FUH-FINE! I-I'M DONE WITH THE ACCUSATIONS ANYWAY!" Richie cried before scrambling outside and running away.

A long silence.

"Who. Accused. Him. For. So. Long." Beverly's sobbing slowed. "Who ACCUSED him!?"

"I did." Eddie sighed admittedly. "I was scared from how quiet he was all the time..and I'm guessing I was the only one saying anything about it." Beverly gripped her hair again. Mike chimed in with, "Beverly, stop pulling your hair. Look, guys, he only replied to the very first message that guy sent him! He is innocent!" Mike's words hit them all harshly. "I'm going to look for him!" the farm boy ran off to look for Richie, and hesitantly the others followed suit.

Richie soon found himself by the quarry. That one memory of a rock war to save Mike came back to him. He wiped his tears away and sobbed, falling to his knees. He felt a hand slither up his back, and back down it again. No one ever did that to him. Richie jumped away and slapped the hand away from him. "Who the fuck!?"

"Hey, baby doll."

Fucking. Hockstetter. Patrick Hockstetter did all of that. Made his lovers hate him. Flirt with him. Threaten non consensual actions (?) upon him.

Why Patrick of all people? Why? A prank maybe? Either way, Richie hopped onto his feet and backed away. Patrick slowly walked towards him, Henry along with Vic emerging from the bushes and trees. The three boys looked sadistic. Cold... Ready to pounce.

Richie's backing away soon turned into him building up bravery and shoving past the boys to the main town. Patrick, Vic and Henry ran after him.
.
.
.
Mike, out of breath, fell to his knees by the quarry. It was empty, aside from the normal landscape of course. He noticed a nice little glint among the stones. Mike picked up the glinting object, and inspected it. It was Henry's. Only Henry ever wore shit made out of copper and looked like shitty DIY. Then the little charm from Richie's anklet caught his eye. They were both there.

The other losers finally caught up to Mike and looked at him. "Where is he, Mike?" Ben whimpered. "I don't know... But it has something to do with Bowers. That's all I know."

"Bowers?! But, w-wuh-wasn't he arrested?"

"Break outs are easy games in Derry." Mike sighed and pocketed the charm and dropped the ring to the rocks. "We just need to find him, before anything bad happens... And so Beverly And the rest of us can apologise."

"I fe-feel so fucking awful!" Bev sobbed out, clinging to Stan. Stan frowned and held her close. "We should follow foot prints. They could've walked in the water."

"I don't see anything, though, Stanny." Eddie huffed and looked around. They all decided to look for a trail, and luckily, there was a single trail. As the losers followed it, Ben had stopped and packed rocks in his bag, weapons to knock the shit outta whoever was hurting Richie or the others. He quickly caught up to them. The trail had ended where the losers bikes once lay before they had saved Mike back at thirteen.

Bowers' car was just inches away from them and screams were heard from not too far away. The losers all froze. "Richie!" Mike yelled, running to the screaming. The others followed him, panting heavily.

As the losers all ran through the town of Derry, the screams got louder, which meant they were getting closer. Worry had flown through their veins, especially if it seemed to involve Bowers. They all stopped at the end of an alley way, the sight they saw was awful. Disgusting, even. To them anyway. Vic and Henry had forced Richie's hands onto the wall, as Patrick was trying to rip off Richie's shirt.

Ben threw his bag off and quickly rummaged for a stone. He instinctively screamed at them and threw the rock at Patrick. Bill looked at him like he waaa crazy, but remembered that Bowers' little gang has nothing. He followed Ben's tactics and threw rocks at them.

In a protective flee, Henry and Vic dropped Richie and covered themselves, running off, along with Patrick. Richie sat silent and shaking for a minute before losing it. He dropped his head on his knees and sobbed. The events he endured were a lot closer to happening than it had looked, but he was thanking his lucky stars that the losers were there. That they cared enough to run after him. Cared enough to save him.

Richie felt a warm pair of hands rest on his own and he looked up. Beverly was sat in front of him, eyes red and puffy and cheeks covered in tear stains. "Shit, Rich, I'm so so fucking sorry!" she sobbed. His eyes had lit up. Beverly. The one who yelled. Was there. The one who hurt him a good bit. Cared. Richie lept into her arms and cried into her chest. Soon he felt more warmth. Everyone else had huddled around them.

After a while, they had all left back to the clubhouse. As the other five entered, Mike stopped Richie. "I found this at the quarry when we were looking for you." Mike pulled out the anklet charm and held it out. Richie smiled and grabbed it, pecking Mike's lips softly. "Thank you." he hopped into to the clubhouse, leaving Mike outside to be the last to enter. Mike smiled at the small fact that the two shared their first kiss.

And damn did it feel really nice.

Mike went inside and smiled at the others all cuddling in a little blanket covered corner they made. It made him all the more happy seeing them all happy and Richie safe.

Just one last thing. Always to make sure Beverly's mouth is shut when someone's accused of something.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This was really bad but yeah, I procrastinated with this one so here-