t w o

You groaned and slammed your head against your desk, causing your friend, (F/n), to jump up in surprise. Blinking, they looked over to you and rose a brow. "Uh, (Y/n), you okay?" They asked, placing their hand on your back.

You sighed and looked up, crossing your arms and placing them on your desk before resting your chin on top of them. "No." You sighed again and buried your face in your arms. "Now let me die in peace, please."

(F/n) frowned and their brows rose. "Um, okay. May I ask where this mood came from, exactly?" They crossed their arms and gave you a look. You couldn't see it, but you could still feel their eyes burning holes into the back of your head.

With another, smaller sigh escaping your lips, you reluctantly sat up and crossed your arms. "You know that boy I text? Steven?" You turned to them, and they nodded, tilting their head to the side in confusion. "Uh, yeah. What about him?"

You frowned and looked away, covering your mouth with your hand. "I think I might have accidentally told him my 'secret identity' last night . . ."

". . ."

Silence.

Well, for a moment, at least.

"How the heck do you 'accidentally," (F/n) made air quotations, "tell someone your identity?"

You groaned and buried your face in your hands. "I don't know!"

(F/n) laughed, making you lift your head up and send them a small glare as you pouted. "It isn't funny!" You said, smacking their arm. That only seemed to amuse them even more, though, because their laughter grew louder. Your cheeks flushed out of embarrassment and you huffed, turning away from them with your arms crossed.

"Idiot . . ." You muttered under your breath, which caught the attention of (F/n) and made them shut up instantly.

"What did you say?"

You smirked and chuckled darkly, turning away from them more.

"(Y/n), don't you dare do this to me—"

"La, la, la! I'm not listening~!" You said in a sing-songy voice as you covered your ears.

(F/n) gave you an offended look and placed their hand over their heart dramatically.

"Well, screw you too, (N/n)!"

You only laughed and continued to ignore them.

You felt better now, all of a sudden, and seemed to have forgotten that your pen-pal now had a way to find out your identity.

Oh. Wait.

"Dangit!" You slammed your head against your desk again, and your friend jumped again, going wide-eyed and stunned with silence.

This was going to be a long day.

■•□•□•□•□•□•■

Steven: Princess... can I call you?

You dropped your pencil and felt as if the air had been sucked out of your lungs. You were both surprised, and confused. He still called you 'Princess'? You thought that he would have asked Connie about you by now. Either that or he's just messing with you.

You sighed and scratched your temple, thinking of what to respond with when the all-too familiar 'DING!' sounded from your phone again.

Steven: I didn't actually ask Connie about you. I understand that you'd prefer to keep your name a secret and I respect that. I was just joking with you yesterday.