s i x

Once again, school has been eating at my sleep schedule and therefore making it sort of hard for me to update. Sorry, guys :(

Also, this chapter contains cursing. Sorry if that bothers anyone.
**********

(Y/n) you dumb bitch.

Groaning, you brought your hands up to your face and took a moment to calm your racing thoughts before peeking at Steven through your fingers. You could only blush even more than you already were out of pure embarrassment once you saw him tilt his head to the side, clearly confused.

He doesn't know your real name yet, you idiot! What the fuck were you thinking?!

Now, growing up in a (sort of) Christian household, you weren't really one to curse much (in front of your parents, at least.) However, considering your current circumstances and the fact that you just called your pen pal 'pretty boy' in FRONT OF HIS ENTIRE FAMILY . . . you could say that you were just a 'little' frustrated with yourself.

That doesn't matter right now. Shaking your head, you took a deep breath and made your shoulders relax before dropping your hands back down to your sides and meeting Steven's eyes once again.

Steven's the important one right now. I can be embarrassed later.

Taking another deep breath, you felt heat rise to your cheeks once again as you thought over what was to come out of your mouth soon one last time, and then cupped your hands around your mouth and—

A laser of light green light shot past you and hit Steven between his eyes, making your own (E/c) orbs widen in both shock and worry as you gasped and looked up to the sky to see what looked to be a green spaceship flying towards Steven at hyper speed.

"What the—"

"They're finally here!"

Blinking, you turned around and jumped slightly when you finally saw Connie, who was now standing next to you with a grin that held both excitement and relief.

"Huh?" You blinked again and shook your head, your thoughts beginning to grow scrambled in your brain once more. "Who's 'they'?" you asked, narrowing your eyes at your friend suspiciously as she laughed and patted your shoulder — almost casually.

"I'll introduce you guys to eachother properly once this is all resolved, 'k?"

Sending you one last grin, Connie winked and then ran over to lion and mounted him. You could see the pink-furred feline roll his eyes from where you stood, and he sent you one last look before turning around and roaring; creating a portal and hopping through it.

Now, you were alone.

". . . What just happened?"

■•□•□•□•□•□•■
•》NOTE: I suggest you read this part in black.
■•□•□•□•□•□•■

Steven shouldn't have let his guard down, damn it.

Angrily growling, pink smoke began to leave the corners of Steven's fanged mouth as he clenched his jaw and glared up towards the sky. Fucking Lars.

With an angry roar erupting from the back of his throat, Steven's tail lifted up from behind him and then slammed back into the waters in front of him, which in turn created a large splash that somehow managed to shield him from the ship's sights. Despite this, however, Lars and the rest of the Off Colors inside were as determined as always, and they flew through the wave Steven had created either way, their blasters ready and all.