Chapter 5

"Shopping?"

You emerged from your sleep, needing some seconds to understand where you were.

Ah yes, the couch.

You spent to previous evening with your aunt and came back late. You didn't want to wake Jon up and slept in the couch. You lifted your face to him.

"We need to find your clothes for No Limits. No question you'll perform with a simple pair of jeans and an old t-shirt of ours. Come on!"

And that's how your day began: doing all the clothes stores of the neighbourhood with Jon Bon Jovi.

Both of you were currently in fitting rooms in a store, being separated by a curtain that only started at the level of your shoulders, so you could easily speak. You were talking about everything and nothing when you yelped. You saw a blond mass of hair move by the gap: "Don't lose a finger, that's all I ask."

"Very funny. I'm debating with this fucking zipper, I can't..." You sighed. "I can't reach it." You felt it two centimetres away from the tip of your fingers only, but still out of touch.

He passed his arms by the gap above the curtain and proceeded to do it: "The strap yesterday, the dress today... When I won't be there anymore, you'll have to learn how to put things on you darling." You thanked him and turned.

"When you won't be there anymore? Plan on dying from stress at the show or what?"

He let his arms dangle by the gap. You swore a wind of sadness passed on his face. "Your aunt. Now that she came back you... You know. You'll leave for where you want to go. This morning, I even thought you left."

His tone pinched your heart in a way... Never mind. You swiped your emotion and took a bitchy tone: "You thought I would leave without saying goodbye to my favourite rockstar?" You reached out to ruffle his hair. "Stop it!" He took a shoe on the side and tapped your forearm with it. You threw him an offended gaze, and both of you laughed.

"And you know... She still has some things to arrange here so... Well, except if you want me to leave the-"

"No!"

He maybe answered a bit too quickly and loud – a woman who passed in front of the fitting room threw you a look. You blushed a bit and changed the subject; you didn't want to admit you didn't really want to leave. "So, you found your outfit or what?" He shook his head, like to clear his mind and said: "Yes, but surprise!"

-

You got out of the van and couldn't help but yawn loudly and stretch.

You spent two hours stuck between David and Jon on the backseat, and you could feel it.

Tico, who owned the car, came earlier to pick the three of you at the apartment. You met him then, and Alec. They were directly super friendly with you.

You all headed to the reception of the hotel you stayed in for the night, the show being the evening after. Tico started: "Hello, we booked five rooms." He gave the employee the names. He checked several sheets of paper and looked at the drummer: "Sir, we've got a little problem. There are... There are only two rooms available." Alec sighed, and Tico put his hands on the counter. "I'm not asking you how many rooms are available, but the keys of the rooms we booked two months earlier." The guy started to sweat; "But that's the thing. We got a problem with the piping of the second floor, and nearly every room of that floor is out of order." Tico pinched the bridge of his nose. He sighed. "What is your solution then?"

He swiped his forehead: "Well, one of the rooms has two separated beds, and the other has a double bed but it's a big, big bed. But we could bring a third mattress if you want..." You swore the receptionist took a step back.

Alec turned to you: "Youngs together!"

-

You fixed the ceiling.

As soon as he touched the bed – more like "jumped in the middle of the bed when you entered the room –, David fell immediately asleep and was snoring since.

"Are you sleeping?"

You lifted your head to see Jon, who was on the other side of him. You feigned screaming: "Sorry, I can't hear you" and pointed at David. He laughed, and you put your head back on the pillow.

"Are you stressing for tomorrow?"

"Mmh... Well, five minutes before the show I'll sure be dying inside, but now I think I'm too tired to be stressing out." You pointed again to the body next to you. "Maybe I'll still be super tired tomorrow and thank to him I won't be stressing."

He scoffed at your answer. "The best way to stop stressing is to think about something completely different just before the thing."

You said exuberantly "Oh, thank you Sherlock. My life has changed now. Never be stressing anymore."

"Wait, lemme finish! I meant, do something that would completely change what is going on inside your head, what would attract your thoughts to another topic like... like... an action that would simply aspire the stress away from you some seconds before the cameras start filming."

"Oh I see, like, just kiss me passionately when the count starts then!" You laughed and then acknowledged what just came out of your mouth. No no no... You couldn't have. You just wanted to take your pillow and choke yourself in it. Or go out of the room and run away. You were sure you were as red as a tomato.

Some – long, very long – seconds passed and you heard him clear his throat. "Well... I don't think your boyfriend would be glad though."

You frowned. Was it a way to change to subject or...? "My... what?"

"Your boyfriend. You have a boyfriend?"

"N-no. I... Who told you that?"

You heard him scratch his scalp. "No one, I thought-"

David snored loudly and turned to Jon: he threw an arm on him and let a moan escape. You had to bit into your pillow to not burst out laughing. "I see someone is lacking affection here."

He laughed. "Yeah... Surely"

The subject, change the subject. You suddenly asked about Richie's tyrannical mother, and it worked; Jon started telling you an anecdote about the time she nearly fainted and forbid him to go out for a month when she saw Richie's got his ear pierced. You listened and commented, but couldn't stop thinking about what just happened. You felt... weird. A strange heat spread in your torso, but you forced yourself to not think about it.

"CATS!"

David cut Jon's story and suddenly sat on the bed. He was pointing at the empty wall in front of you. "CATS!" Both Jon and you exchanged a look; it was going to be a long night.