Chapter 10

You stayed some seconds in front of the door, lost in your thoughts. You wanted to talk to the boys, but to say what? Soon, you'll have to leave.

Forever.

You opened the door – that wasn't locked, of course – and entered the apartment to see a lonely Jon, sat at the kitchen table.

When he saw you, he got up like he was on springs. He looked at you like a child who is afraid his parents are gonna shout at him. You frowned and smelled the air; did it smell like... pizza?

Despite the weird scene in front of you, you removed your sweater and proceeded to the kitchen. You were thirsty.

You passed before him like he wasn't there, but the confused look on his face worried you a bit. "Where are the boys? Weren't you supposed to eat together after recording?"

You jumped on the counter and opened yourself a can. Your attitude troubled him; he was expecting you to be angry, cold, about to take your stuff and leave but not... normal. He shook his head: "Well Tico and Alec went back at their houses and Richie and David are... somewhere." He scratched the back of his neck.

You nodded and sipped your drink. The conversation you just had with your aunt didn't make you forget about Jon's attitude earlier today but it jolted you enough to sort of resetting your brain. It felt like to cope with having to deal with too many emotions, your brain just didn't feel them at all. You were about to make a senseless remark about the taste of what you were drinking when he planted himself in front of you. He had his fists clenched at his sides, closed his eyes, frowned in concentration and said without breathing: "I'm sorry, I'm stupid, I shouldn't have reacted like that, I trust you, I really didn't want to hurt you with what I said, I don't want you to leave, I – he coughed and put one of his hands in his hair – we love you a lot, there are pizzas in the oven, what I said and how I acted was very stupid, I hope your aunt is well, you're an amazing guitarist and you saved us for No Limits, and if you want to read our lyrics, you can."

You looked at him, taken aback. He slowly opened his eyes, breathed, but afraid of what you were going to say.

"Is there a particular order for answers?"

He looked at you, not knowing if he could laugh.

You smiled and put your can to the side. "Okay. Indeed, that was stupid. Really, both Richie and I told you nothing happened, why didn't you believe us? Anyway, you recognizing you shouldn't have reacted like that is the first step. I know you said what you said under your emotions, I love you all too, I would be glad to read your songs and I... I..." You wanted so bad to say you won't leave.

So bad.

"I forgive you and I can't wait to eat those pizzas." You raised a finger at him and said seriously, but with a smile. "I forgive you but I don't forget! You can be a real bitch, you know that?" He looked at you, eyes wide opened. "Really? You do?"

Not knowing if he was making a reference about you forgiving him or his abilities to be a bitch, you simply nodded. He opened his arms and hugged you tight. "Thank you so much!" You hugged him tight too. You smiled. He moved to look at you but still held you. "I ordered the best pizzas in the city. You'll tell me. Beware, this is a nearly Italian who is speaking." You laughed. You kept holding him too. "You ordered the best pizzas and David and Richie aren't there? What did you tell them to fire them from the apartment?" He blushed. You helped him avoid the question by moving and taking the gloves for the oven. You threw them at him.

"Impress me, chief!"

You let him get it out while you put on the table. Passing in front of the radio, you turned it on to have music in the background.