Nothings trivial.

I awoke to a staring Elena and the sounds of birds chirping ''Stop staring.'' I said as my eyes were still closed. ''I'm gazing.'' She teased ''It's creepy.'' I smiled as I teased back ''It's romantic.'' She said ending the fight and planting a loving kiss on my lips. ''Mmm whats that for?'' I said as my eyes flew open ''For a great night, A great few weeks. For you being a great boyfriend.'' Elena said as she kept her eyes on me, But had a warm smile on her face. The smile was cause of me, I'm her boyfriend. Wow its still so much to take in. ''Damon.. What are you thinking about?'' Elena asked curiously as one of her eyebrows cocked up. ''You.. us.'' I said as I thought about it for a few more seconds then let a side smirk dance on my features. Elena nodded and her smile still remained. I'm the reason for that smile now, And truthfully its been a long time since I seen that amazing, Perfect smile of hers. It felt good to see it, It feels good to know I'm the reason now. ''Lets go get something to eat.'' Elena said tugging on my arm, I leaned in and our lips merged together. I didn't want to pull away and neither did she, Her stomach growled and she let out a small laugh. ''Ok, Lets go.'' I said pulling back from the dazzling kiss.

Jeremy sat downstairs on the couch playing video games as I joined him, Elena made her way around the kitchen.. Grabbing her regular bowl of cereal. Jeremy looked distracted, And kept crashing into things in the video game ''Ok.. Who are you dodging?'' I questioned him with a small smile on my face. Jeremy rolled his eyes ''This girl, Anna. She can be uh... Persistent.'' He let out a low laugh as I looked over at him ''is she hot?'' I questioned as I heard Elena huff in the kitchen ''Yeah.. yeah, But she can be weird.'' He admitted confused, I have no clue why. '' Hot trumps weird.. Trust me.'' I told him as he nodded his head and let out another laugh. ''Ok Damon lets go, Before you end up stealing Jeremy's girlfriend.'' Elena said jokingly. ''Thanks for the company.'' Jeremy said to me on our way out. I nodded at him as Elena closed the door ''Some ones a little jealous.'' I whispered to Elena as my arm wrapped around her back ''Not jealous.. Just.. Protective.'' She said standing her ground as always. ''So what did you want to do, My lovely lady?'' I asked Elena a little romantically. ''Hmm..'' She said thinking then put her hands in the front pockets of her jeans ''Well.. We can head over to your place, Assuming your hungry.'' She said staring at me with her lips stuck out a little and that cute little face she does. I nodded ''I am very much so.'' I said as we hopped in my car.

The Salvatore boarding house - My house, Was vacant as usual. We made our way in the house ''Want me to get it?'' Elena offered ''Sure.'' I accepted ''I'll be upstairs.'' I said as she nodded, Making her way down the hallway and to the basement. I went upstairs to get changed, as I did I heard Elena open the freezer in the basement - Shut it then come up stairs. I was dressed by the time she got up stairs ''Here you go.'' She said as she handed me the blood bag, Staring at it then at me. ''Here's your sweater, You left it here the other day.'' I said as I handed her a deep blue sweater, She took it as we went back downstairs. ''You should invest in a T.v for in here.'' Elena said as she laid her sweater down on the couch. ''Thought about that, Had a few. But they all ended up broken.'' I told her with a small smile ''Wh..'' She started then clued in why they got broken. Due to me and Stefan always fighting, Not many things stayed in one piece. Elena grabbed my familiar glass handing it to me ''Thank you..'' she said slowly in her usual Elena voice, My brows mangled together ''For what?''  I questioned her as I took my glass and poured the blood within the blood bag in it. ''This..'' She started  putting her arms out; palms up. '' These past few weeks, Everything.'' She said as her eyes stayed placed on me with a beatific look one her face. I bowed my head then looked back up at her, Meeting her gaze. ''It's all because of you.'' I said with my extreme happiness showing. I looked at the settled blood in my cup as I brang it to my lips and gulped it down, I felt funny like something was wrong. A few seconds later I was coughing violently with pains going threw my whole body, Shocking me almost. I felt something catch in my throat and with in seconds I was hurled over on the floor as blood flew out of my mouth and all over the floor. Elena rushed to my side and rubbed my back ''Damon.. Damon! Whats wrong?'' Her tone was scared;Worried. My coughing continued ''I.. Don't know.'' I managed threw coughs, I pulled myself up as Elena helped me to the couch. She brang me a bucket as I continued to get sick. ''I'll text Bonnie.'' She said rushed, Still as worried. I nodded as a few minutes passed and the blood was still coming up, ''She's on her way.'' Elena told me almost in tears, Feared as to what was happening to me. I nodded as Elena came close to me ''Don't. I don't want to get sick on you.'' I warned her, Pain striking threw every ounce of my body. ''O.. Ok.'' Elena nodded to me as we heard a knock at the door. Elena ran to the door, Opening it panicked. ''Bonnie thank god.'' She said as I seen Bonnie look over at me, It seemed as if Bonnie thought I was faking and now she looked alert and just as worried as Elena. I seen that Bonnie brang the grimore. ''Whats wrong with me?!'' I questioned Bonnie, As If it may say something in her witchy book. She opened the book and flew threw pages as blood splattered out of my mouth continuously, Elena came up behind me rubbing my back. ''A virus.. It doesn't say the name it just says that 'A vampire can get contaminated with it, and that another witch has to be the creator, Another vampire has to use there blood to make the spell work.'' Bonnie said confused ''Stefan must of did this.'' Elena said threw gritted teeth. ''Fix it.'' I groaned as I felt another shock go threw my body then the pain striking seconds after. Bonnie nodded as I held my stomach, The blood still pouring out and the loud coughing continuing. I felt the room start to spin and everything go blurry and then it was dark. I could no longer feel Elena's hands on my back, I could no longer see a struggling Bonnie infront of me. I could no longer feel the pain going threw my body. It was dark and blank. I am terrified.

 Suddenly I was seeing Stefan being brought home, And then my mother on her death bed. I seen Katherine before I knew what she was. The memory of me and Stefan playing football when we were young flashed in my head. The way my father dissaproved of me not going to college. Joining the army, Being in the army. Coming back to Katherine and Stefan. My last day as a human. Becoming a vampire, Stefan making me feed. And Everything after that was Elena, Every single memory we had together. When we first met, When I compelled her to forget. Then meeting here.. At my home. How she use to be afraid of me, The dances we shared, The glances we exchanged. Our road trip. The hotel room, That kiss. Her choosing me, The fights, The anger, The tears.. And then.. I awoke.