Chapter 5 - Everything and Anything

Wait, did I publish this on January 13th or did WattPad do a goof-

3rd Person's POV

"I wish the circumstances of this dinner would be in a lighter heart, but sadly that isn't the case." The Earth King began, glancing to his side where Long Feng stood. Long Feng nodded, continuing on with the statement, "We received multiple letters over the past couple of weeks from King Bumi regarding the situation. He had been alerted anonymously of a planned attack on Omashu to overthrow him, orchestrated by one of the Fire Lord's top generals. If it is the same general from the intel we gathered, we are not sure until we receive word from any of our soldiers that we sent there to help deal with the threat."

"The last letter we received from King Bumi was a request to grant his granddaughter safe passage into the city of Ba Sing Se, where she will stay until further notice. We took this as King Bumi telling us that the attack on Omashu was right around the corner." He sighed heavily, staring at his cousin's form, noting the 'I am not surprised' look she was giving him.

"Princess, I sincerely apologize that we are unable to do more for Omashu." Long Feng apologized to her, Himiko taking a heavy breath in. "You can only do so much, I understand. Everyone here is working on keeping Ba Sing Se and it's citizens safe within these walls from the 100 Year War." The young king nodded.

"I hate to ask, but how did you know that I was in the Northern Water Tribe?" Himoko questioned, more pointed towards Long Feng rather than her cousin.

"Rumors of your travels with the Avatar. It took some sources and digging to confirm that you were travelling with him, but we managed to find it to be true." 'And Aang is learning the elements, the only Waterbending Master available would be in the North Pole.' Himoko thought to herself with a small nod of understanding.

"What are the plans if King Bumi perseveres and holds Omashu, and when... If, Omashu is overthrown?" Long Feng and King Kuei shared a glance with one another, the decisions they have made prior to Himoko arriving. Long Feng didn't want to tell the Princess the plans for when Omashu falls. If it falls in the first place. On the other hand, her cousin thought different. She needed to know, she the heir to the Throne of Omashu... Omashu is overthrown, King Bumi is taken as prisoner, she would be the only one left to fight for her city if it comes down to it.

"As long as Omashu holds, you shall stay here in Ba Sing Se until we are given permission to send you back to Omashu when it is safe to do so. And if the city falls-" Long Feng cleared his throat, interrupting his King. "-I advise against you telling her, Your Majesty. No offense to Princess Himoko, but she is has only just arrived and is not ready to hear what could happen." Princess Himoko sighs heavily, sending a pointed glare at Long Feng, leaving the bald ponytail ugly man with shivers, her authority ripping through him. 'What was that...?' He thought to himself, not expecting to feel such a thing. He had never felt such a feeling when it came to his own King, so why was he 'slightly' intimidated by her in that moment?

"No offense, Long Feng. But, this regards in question of my city, my home, the place I was indoctrinated into when I was 5 years old, and later became the Princess of, the heir to the throne. What you think is irrelevant, what you think I should be allowed to know about what happens to my home, is not your authority to hold over my head of the knowledge. Let King Kuei finish his sentence, don't ever rudely interrupt someone when they are speaking, especially a royal. Advisor to the King or not. Thank you for your understanding." During her speech, she had stood up from her seat, hands on the table, leant forward, fiery spirit biting at her tongue, silver eyes glowering at the advisor. Kuei stared at her, mildly in shock and a sense of pride? His cousin has come a long way since he had last seen her. King Bumi has taught her well, to never back down from a fight, to show your capabilities. To be proud of who you are, but not to the point of being ridden with egotistical thoughts overload. Princess Himoko of Omashu, was a young girl with the stance of a 40 year old ruler of many nations.