Prologue

I sat down in front of Greef Karga and slid the deactivated trackers over to him.

"You finished all of these already?" he asked, a hint of disbelief in his voice. I made no efforts of a verbal reply and instead rested my feet on the table. Behind my mask, I gave him a cocky smirk which he couldn't see.

He gave me an annoyed look, "Wipe that smug look off your face."

"You can't even see my face."

"I know you Bel, you've got that look on your face again, I know it."

I rolled my eyes, even though he couldn't see it. I put my feet back on the ground and sat up, "Are you going to pay me or is the deal off?"

He pulled Imperial Credits out of his pocket and handed them over. Yeah, I know the Empire is gone, but they're still worth money. I pocketed them and leaned back in my chair, "Pleasure doing business with you. Got anything new?"

"I got a couple of bail jumpers and a wanted smuggler."

"Boring... What's the highest?"

"Five thousand."

I scoffed, "Not even worth the fuel. Got anything else?"

He hesitated, "There is one job."

"Hand over the puck."

"No puck. Face to face. Direct commission. Deep pocket."

"Underworld?" I guessed.

"All I know is there's no chain code. You want the chit?"

I walked down an alley and came to a door. A droid came out of a hatch and told me something in an unfamiliar language, I assumed what it wanted and held up the chit for it to scan. It retracted and the door opened.

I walked down the dimly lit corridor and approached the door at the other end. It opened to reveal four Stormtroopers, an old guy wearing a formerly Imperial pendant, and some guy with glasses.

"Greef Karga told me you were coming. He also said you were one of the best in the parsec, even if your prices are a bit... costly."
   I shrugged, "High demand equals higher price."

"Watch your mouth," One of the Stormtroopers told me raising his blaster slightly.

"Oh please, you're the ones that need my help," I retorted, my hand inching closer to the blaster concealed in one of my pockets.

The Ex-Imperial gestured for the Stormtrooper to lower his weapon, "I was also informed of your sharp tongue. Lower your weapons."

The Stormtrooper lowered his blaster back down and I pulled my hand away from my pocket. I sat down in front of the man wearing Imperial symbols. He slid a metal brick over to me. I picked it up and examined it, "Beskar? This is real?"

He gave a very slight nod, "That is only a down payment. I have more if you deliver the asset." I'm not Mandalorian so it's not worth much personally, but in the hands of the right buyer it can rack up a pretty penny.

"Alive?" I asked.

"Yes, alive. However, bounty hunting is a complicated profession. Proof of termination is also acceptable for a lower fee."

"Alright, where's the puck?"

"I'm afraid discretion requires a less... traditional agreement. I can only offer you a tracking fob," he gestured to the man with glasses. He handed it over and I inspected it.

"Chain code?"

"I'm afraid we can only provide the last four digits."

"Just the age? That's all you're giving me?"

"Yes. They're fifty years old. We can also give you their last reported positional data. Between that and the fob, someone of your skill should make short work of this."

I stood up and began walking back to the door. He stopped me before I could reach the door, "One more thing, you aren't the only one assigned to this task."

I looked back at them and gave them an invisible smirk, "The asset's fair game until someone cashes it in."

With that I walked out and back to my ship, careful to make sure I wasn't being watched. I boarded my ship and closed the hatch behind me. I pressed the earpiece and the mask melted off my face.

"I've got a new bounty," I told my crew, "You guys in?"

They cast glances at each other and after they made a silent decision they collectively nodded in unison. Only our droid making a verbal confirmation in the form of beeps.

"What do you say team, ready to fly?" I asked as I plopped down in the pilot's chair.

Sorry if this is not how you act but I wanted to make the reader kind of arrogant in the beginning so you could see the personal growth and part of why her crew overthrew her.
Also, I wasn't going post anything new until after I finished my story Malfunction (DBH Connor x Reader) but I decided screw it and here we are now.