Chapter 6

This chapter is way longer than I thought it was while writing it whoops. Enjoy!

Warning: Shitty fight scenes ahead. Sorry, I can't describe action sequences well.

I was partially aware of the things around me while unconscious. Thanks to the Force I could sense whenever someone was near but whatever they drugged me with had severely limited my abilities. I could also hear voices speaking sometimes. Apparently I was subconsciously healing myself so they kept having to sedate me.

At one point when they went to reinject me they were stopped by an explosion going off somewhere in the building and then alarms started blaring. With their focus drawn elsewhere they forgot all about the drug, allowing me to recover quicker.

I think it was the sound of the blaster fire right outside the room that brought me out of my comatose state but the shift between unconscious and conscious was too indistinct so I couldn't tell at what point I had managed to shake off enough of the drug to open my eyes. The sound of another blaster fire was followed by the thump of a body dropping to the ground. Heavy footsteps approached and the Ex-Imperial scientist backed up into the lab table I was laying on, "No, no, no, no, please! Please! No, no, no!"

Another blaster fire sounded and something heavy and metal fell to the ground.

"No, please! Please don't hurt them. He's just a child! They have nothing to do with the Empire! Please, no, no! Please! No, no, no," the scientist was thrown to the ground. The classic T shape of a Mandalorian helmet stared down at me. Mando had come back for us.

The Ex-Imps hadn't been able to remove the mask so he didn't know I was awake. "What did you do to them? What did you do to them?"

"I protected them. I protected them. If it wasn't for me they would already be dead!"

Since I was still mostly unable to move Mando picked me up and slung my arms around his shoulders and repositioned me so I was placed on his back which was difficult and uncomfortable with the rifle strapped to him. I wrapped my legs around his waist so he could carry me while keeping his weapon drawn, also alerting Mando to the fact that I was awake. He then scooped up Aiko with his unoccupied hand and placed him in the crook of his arm.

Mando started to walk out when I remembered something, "Wait... weap'ns gone."

Mind still foggy because of most of my concentration was on healing myself, my words came out slurred and barely comprehensible. Thankfully, he seemed to understand and turned back to the scientist, "Hand them over."

He scrambled to his feet and hurriedly went to go fetch them. He came back and handed them over. I slipped the lightsaber into my pocket and gripped the blaster in my hand.

"You can't even stand how do you plan on firing a blaster?"

"Shut up, 'm work'n onit. A normal person wouldn't be... conscious right now." After the words came out of my mouth I realized I'd said too much, "Explain later, right now... out of here."

We began to sneak our way back towards the entrance but didn't get very far before we had to duck out of sight of some Stormtroopers that marched by. After they passed we continued on until a door opened up and two more Stormtroopers spotted us. I slammed my blaster into a panel on the wall causing the lights to go out. The Stormtroopers fired at us and Mando ducked out of the way behind some crates.

"Split up, we'll flush them out," one of them commanded as they reloaded.

Mando snuck around the crates and leapt out in front of one of them. He swung at the blaster, successfully knocking it out of his hands. After the blaster was out of his hands, Mando pushed the him to the ground.