Intro

It's safe to say that a lot has happened in the year and a half of living with my dad. I moved in with my dad after not seeing him in years, fell in love with a guy who ghosted me before he was deployed, graduated high school, reconnected with my mom after four months and found out that she had cancer and wasn't doing very well, I never got the chance to tell him I loved him, lost the boy of my dreams to a war, I then lost my mom a couple months later, and my dad re-enlisted. My life hasn't been the easiest, but I have survived, and if you ask me how I did it, I honestly wouldn't be able to tell you.

College starts in a month and I honestly don't think I'm ready to move halfway across the country. It's still hard for me to cope with the loss of people who were so close to me. Physically I may seem alright, but mentally and emotionally I'm not.

I do have to admit, it's not all that bad, I met someone who has been there for me through everything. Even on the hardest days, he was there. He was the new kid, he moved here about a month after I had lost Will. We had instantly connected and became friends. David was in some of the same situations. He moved in with his mom after his dad had kicked him out. We made each other stronger in a way and for that I'm thankful, but who knew leaving him would be so hard.

My dad is leaving for Afghanistan in a few days and my anxiety has been through the roof. After Will never making it back, it worries me that my dad won't either. I don't think I could handle another loss. The loss of my mother and Will haunt me everyday. They haunt my dreams and I regret the way I acted toward my mom when she dropped me here with no explanation and all those months that I wasted and never told her that I loved her just to regret it in the end. That is definitely one thing that I have learned over the year and a half, no matter what you think, if you love someone, tell them. You never know how long have with them.