Chapter 2

Nothing in life is ever certain and nothing is ever permanent. You take it one day at a time and hope your life has meaning. I have concluded that mine at the moment, does not have meaning. My days have consisted of laying in bed and sleeping. I haven't been outside in two or three days and nobody has heard from me in a week. Dad has been gone for a couple of weeks and I'm lost without him being here.

Chris tries her hardest to make me get out and do stuff on the days she doesn't work and David tries to reach out, but I just push him away. I feel like I'm stuck in a place that tries its hardest to forget me. Or maybe I'm just trying to forget myself.

I hear a knock on my bedroom door and look over to see David standing in the doorway of my room. "Hi." I say quietly as I lay on my bed.

"Hey.." he says as he stands in the door way.

There was a bit of sadness on his face as he looked at me. I know it's because I have been shutting him out of my life and he knows just as much as I do that I need him.

After a few minutes David walked over and laid down next to me, pulling me close. Without a word we just laid there. I hurried my head into his chest and couldn't help but let the tears fall. Sometimes words can't make things better, but the presence of the right person can.

At one point I must've fallen asleep because when I woke up David was nowhere around. Part of me thought it was a dream until I went downstairs to find him sprawled out on the couch. I smiled as I watched him for a minute. The steady ride and fall of his chest and his hair all messy. In a way he was kind of adorable.

I walked over and grabbed the blanket off the chair and covered him up before making my way back upstairs. As I laid in bed I stared up at the ceiling wondering what my dad might be doing right now. These thoughts always ran through my head. It's hard not to think about these when you have a loved one on the front lines.

"See he's right here." I said as I grabbed Will's hand and smiled at him.

"I'm Aria." I said smiling.

"I'm actually 21. I graduated a year early and joined the army." Will said as he drove.

"Well welcome home." Will said smiling as we sat in the truck in front of my house.

I laughed and ran toward Will's truck as he chased after me. I opened the driver's side door as he wrapped his arms around me and laughed. "I guess I can let you drive one time."

As we sat on the tailgate of the truck watching the sunset, I laid my head on Will's shoulder. "You're beautiful, you know that?" He said quietly.

Will stood on the porch in his uniform looking as me. "I'm leaving today." He said. "I was wondering if you would write to me."

"Aria." He continuously said.

I stood in darkness, the booms loud from the bombs falling. I couldn't see anything except for people running when the sky lit up from an explosion. I saw him running toward me, yelling. But I couldn't hear anything. I yelled back to him, but he was gone.

"Will!" I continued to scream. "Will!"

Before I realized what was going on, David was by my side shaking me trying to get my attention. "Aria. You're okay. It was just a dream." He said again. "Aria." 

My hands were shaking uncontrollably and I could hardly breathe. My vision blurred as tears fell. I tried focusing on something to calm down but nothing seemed to work.

David stared at me worriedly as he waiting for me to calm down. "Are you okay?" He asked after I got my breathing under control.

I shook my head yes and he got up from the bed. "Well... if you're okay I'm gonna go back down stairs. If you need anything just let me know." He said trying to give a little smile but failed.

I watched him start to walk out of the room when I said his name. After he turned around to look at me I spoke. "Will you sleep with me tonight?" I asked quietly, wiping the tears from my face.

David stood there for a couple minutes deciding on what to do. But soon he slowly made his way over and laid down next to me pulling me close just like before. When being in his arms, the darkness within my head was at bay. I felt safe; I felt protected.

Vote! Comment! I tried posting this chapter the other night and only posted the first two paragraphs due to the rest not saving for some reason. So for those of you who did read it before I realized it. Here's the rest of it! Lol.