Chapter 8

Jace tapped out again. This sparring session turned into a teaching session because that was the fifth time he had tapped out and I've been helping him with his style. After he tapped out for the sixth time I was tired, I'll give Jace this he has great stamina. I grabbed a towel and wiped the sweat off my face. I gave Jace one last smile and ran back to my room. I've started to get used to the idea that people can actually accept failure, back with my father I couldn't ever do that because that meant that I was accepting that someone was better than me in fighting, and I could never accept that.

I walked back into my room and changed into a red crop top and black. Shorts. Today I wanted to go on a walk around the city of New York. I grabbed a small black purse and put on 3-inch heels since I knew I would be out a while. I walked out the door expecting to see Tonnie Stark isn't that what they call him, no Tony Stark right. I heard about him through this movie I watched back home I'm starting to question whether it was true or not but whatever right. I looked up at the sky waiting for Tony Stark to come flying through the sky in a bright red suit that practically screams "come kill me. I'm right here".

Jace came up to me and said: "what are you waiting for". I quickly responded "Tony Stark" he looked at me as if I were an alien, I looked at him and said, "please tell me he's a real person". He smiled at me and said, "you're one weird chic, did you know that". I nodded my head with a childish smile on my face. I started walking around looking at the buildings. On my walk, I saw a small family of three walking by the child was smiling and talking about something random while the parents looked at the kid with adoration. I always acted like I was fine without having a family but in my heart, I knew that I was suffering without a family to love and hold me. To tell me that everything is okay. And help me through the dark aspects of life.

But seeing as who I was raised by I never really did have a chance with that. I was raised in "the dark aspects of life". So yay, go life. I walked down the streets of New York admiring the beautiful landscape and buildings. I've always admired how people could build such amazing structures even though it looks so easy it's pretty obvious that it's not as easy as it seems.

Jace then got a call I heard a bunch of complaining on his end then a "fine Alec, we'll be there". He then turned to me and said "we need to head back to the institute, the consul doesn't want you to leave it". I nodded, even after I proved my inoccence to them they still didn't trust me. I nodded, we head back to the institute ready to be locked up into my room like Rapunzel.

You might be wondering how I know these references to these Disney movies well, when I was a little kid before Valentine started to hurt me, we would watch those movies all the time. They never really left my memory and sorta became a safe place where I could let my imagination run wild.

We entered the institute and right in the front stood Alec in all his glory glaring at Jace and I. "The consul made it very clear, the little girl does not leave the premasis". I glared at him and groaned "my name is not little girl, okay. And I'll do whatever i fucking want". He glared but didn't say anything, "they're already allowing her to stay here, don't push it". He then strutted away leaving my to go up and lock myself in my room.