Chapter 1 Summer Begins

The bell rang.

I slowly stood up and slung my backpack over my shoulder. Me and the rest of my high school math class stood by our seats, waiting to be told we could leave.

"Summer begins.......NOW!" exclaimed Mrs. Collins.

All 29 of us in the classroom began yelling and rushing to the door. It took forever just to get one foot through.

When I finally managed to escape the classroom, the halls were much worse. There was barely an inch of space left in the hallway.

Well, my name is Cassie. I'm 14. Freshman year just ended for me. By the time sophomore year starts, I'll be 15. My birthday is July 17.

Today before school had started, I told my mom I wanted to go to my friend's house to spend the night. Mom said okay. The rest of the group did the same.

Truth is, we were going to our first high school party. Our group had been invited by one of the seniors.

We had 13 people. We called ourselves 'The Lucky 13'. The group consists of:

-Cassie Saller (me) (female)
-Anna Tumbyo (female)
-Rachel Kook (female)
-Tanya Werner (female)
-Perry Duncan (female)
-Madaline Crow (female)
-Joshua Baker (male)
-Andrew Mull (male)
-Parker Conners (male)
-Daryl Barmer (male)
-Xavier Eliot (male)
-Daniel Yoti (male)
-Steven Mallary (male)

We've all been friends since kindergarten. Steven, Daryl, Josh, and Parker are on the soccer team. They're the best.

Andrew, Danny, and Xavier are on the football team.

Anna, Rachel, Perry, and I are on the girls soccer team. We are the champs.

Tanya is on the girls basketball team and Madaline is on the swim team.

Today was the last day of freshman year. I have to walk home, grab a party outfit, stuff it in a bag with a few other things to make it look like a sleepover bag, and meet up with Anna and the rest of our group at the park.

Better begin the walk now.