Chapter 8 Greetings

When the muffins were done, I grabbed an old platter and stacked them onto it. I wrapped everything in plastic wrap. I grabbed it and walked out the door toward Nate's house.

When I got to their door, I rang the bell. Shortly after, Nate opened it.

"Oh, hey! Cassie! Come on in," Nate said. He opened the door a little more and I brushed past him.

"Where would you like me to set these?" I asked.

"The counter is fine."

"'Kay." I placed the platter of muffins in the counter.

"Muffins?"

"A welcoming gift."

"Ah. Thanks a bunch," Nate said. He unwrapped the plate and grabbed a muffin.

"Are you going to the high school around the corner?" I asked.

"Yeah. Do you go there?" he asked.

"Yeah."

"Wouldja show me around on Monday?" Nate asked.

"Sure." I wouldn't mind. Nate was pretty good looking. His blond hair was perfect. His blue eyes were beautiful. His grin was adorable.

"Your eyes are pretty," I said. He looked at me funny.

"Thanks. Your face is pretty," Nate responded.

"Yours too." I was confident. I had absolutely no problem saying this to his face.

"We should hang out more."

"Agreed." I stuck my hand out, as if it was an official deal. He shook it.

I turned away and walked back out the door, no goodbye or wave. I felt Nate's gaze following me the whole way out.