Chapter 11

Also ignore the pictures I cant remove them
~~~~~~~~~

In this setting Timothy and Emily are already at the bunker

I was the last person to get their room. "Nerissa Davidson. As a purple, you will be given a private furnished suite" she said to me as I followed her, "What's a purple?" I asked her. "The elite. The worthy. Those chosen to survive" she said watching my every move. I opened my wardrobe to reveal all purple clothing items, "Some of these are beautiful" I said pulling out a long dress. "In The Outpost, everybody knows their place. The purple's wear purple, the Grays, gray", "If you don't mind me asking. Who are the grays?". "Grays are our worker ants. Still a necessary component of any functioning society. The grays are here to serve. And grateful for the opportunity. The alternate being nuclear winter, cancer, death"

"What was this place before they turned it into a shelter?" I asked, "For many years, it served as an exclusive boys' school". "Who's school is subterranean?" I asked. "The cooperative, to whom we owe our eternal gratitude, took ownership and converted it once they realize what was coming", "The end?" I said. "No. The beginning. The cooperative has plans far beyond the temporary cleansing fire of the bomb. The cooperative is not made up of nations or armies. It's a collection of The dozen greatest minds mankind has to offer. The visionaries" It all started to slowly make sense. "Are you a purple? I'm sorry if I'm asking so many questions. This is all so new to me". "It's quite alright. You are the nicer one out of the rest of the pity party. But I am neither. Rather, I am the strong right arm of The Cooperative. Think of me as their face" I nodded in response.

"I highly doubt this place is a care free land, what are the rules here?" I asked quite sternly. "The house rules are simple. You will refer to me only as Ms. Venable. You may never leave the building. If you wander out into the grounds, you will not be allowed back in due to the dangers of radiation contamination. You will take your chances with the canker our monsters beyond the gates. And no unauthorized copulation of any kind, under any circumstances, no exceptions. You'll find the evening wear on the left side of the armoire. We dress for dinner. Cocktails in the music room at 6:30. Be prompt. There's no excuse for tardiness when there's nothing else to do" I smiled at her and she walked out of the room.

*2 weeks later*
It's been 2 weeks in this candlelit prison and I'm bored out of my mind. It's the same activity's every single day. It was time for cocktails, yet again.
(I know these dresses aren't the most old looking but they were the best purple dresses I could find 💀)

I went downstairs so see Gallant complaining about the song that was playing yet again. "This song— the same one every night" he moaned, "Oh, here we go" Andre said getting annoyed. "Where is it even coming from? And why do we have to listen to it? What are we missing here?" He said getting out of his seat, "About 99% of the world's population" Stu said. "Would've been better off dying with them". "If you don't stop moaning, the only reason why we won't be listening to that damn song anymore is because I've shoved that radio right up your goddamn a-" I said before Evie cut me off. "That's enough! Speak for yourself, darling" she said to Gallant, "Wouldn't have to drink this. Whatever this is". "It's mineral water" Andre said to him. "Did you get a chance to talk to Venable?" Mallory asked Coco, "No, she creeps me out". "It's not fair that they get to be purples and not me".