Chapter 4: Fetch

Violetta couldn't help but feel insecure as she walked down the school hallways. Everyone was staring at her. Everyone. She couldn't figure out how everyone found out so quickly. The people she usually shared friendly smiles with stared at her in what seemed like shock, confusion or even maybe fear. She entered the cafeteria and it went quiet. She noticed Francesca and Camila and let out a relief sigh.

"Hey, sit with us!" Naty says. Violetta looks at her in confusion. Is she being serious?. Francesca gives Violetta a thumbs up and an expression that reads 'good luck'. Violetta sits at the table where Ludmila, Leon, Diego, Naty and Andres were all sat.

"Congratulations on getting in!" Ludmila says with a big, yet forced, smile. Violetta resists the urge to roll her eyes. Ludmila was the fakest person she had ever met. As soon as Violetta got into the Studio all of sudden these people are acting like her friends.

"Thanks.." Violetta says. She begins to notice Ludmila is staring at her bracelet.

"Oh my god!" Ludmila says, "I love your bracelet, where did you get it?"

"I-I don't remember" Violetta says, although she did remember. It belonged to her mother. Violetta found it in the room where her dad stores her stuff and has been wearing it ever since.

"It is so fetch!" Naty says. Ludmila stares at her in a mixture of frustration and annoyance.

"Fetch?" Violetta asks, having no idea what it meant.

"It's some dumb slang she came up with" Diego says.

"I didn't come up with it," Naty says, "Lots of people in Europe say it!"

"Yeah, sure, whatever" Ludmila says sarcastically as she reads the back of a candy wrapper.

"I think it's cool" Andres says.

"No one cares" Diego says. Violetta looks at Andres to see what his reaction to Diego's disrespect would be but he didn't have one. He just brushed it off and continued to eat his lunch.

"Okay, anyway," Ludmila says, "We would like to invite you into our group" Ludmila says.

"It's something we do with all of the Studio OnBeat students" Leon says.

"What about Federico?" Violetta asks. They all stare at her in confusion, they didn't seem to know who he was.

"Ohhhh" Ludmila says, finally realizing who Federico is, "That loser turned us down!"

"How terrible" Violetta says, resisting the urge to burst out into laughter. She wishes she had seen it, it must have been so embarrassing for them.

"Anyway, since you're now in our group you should come to my house with Naty after school" Ludmila says.

"I don't think that-"

"Great, see you then!" Ludmila says.