friends, 2

Josie was sitting on the couch in her mother's living room watching a movie with her mom and Lizzie when her tablet dinged. She picked it up to find that Penelope had messaged again, asking how she was. She ignored it, just as she had for the last twenty. She wasn't ready to deal with her just yet. She had just set her tablet back down when it dinged again. This time it was from MG, probably because she wasn't answering Penelope.

For the last three days, it had been the same with those two. Penelope would message her, then, when she didn't message back, MG would try. It didn't take her long to figure out what they were doing. She stopped answering MG's messages the day after they arrived in London. He still sent her updates every now and again, but they always came right after Penelope's failed attempts.

Being with her mom was amazing, but she was having a hard time with everything that happened. It was great to get to spend some time with her, especially after not seeing her for so long, but there was a part of her that felt guilty every time she looked at her for grieving the loss of Jo. Caroline was supportive, though Josie never expected her not to be. That made her feel even worse though.

Her tablet dinged again. She sighed in relief because it was Hope this time. M and P are driving me crazy. they are collectively plotting to run away to London to make sure you're okay.

Josie chuckled. Once a day, Hope would send her a message like that one. Messaging Hope was still strange to her, as anything new is. Hope had kept her up to date on what was happening at school, which she appreciated. She found talking to Hope was easy. The redhead didn't expect anything from her, she just wanted to talk. Which was nice, considering all the times she had refused to do so over the years.

josie: tell them to relax. i'm fine.

hope: yeah... and tell them you're answering me and not them. no thank you. it would crush both they're hearts.

Josie chuckled again. Hope was right, it would. alright. i'll answer them back, but you owe me one.

hope: lol... what would that be?

josie: that when i get back, this doesn't stop.

hope: i promise.

She sent MG and Penelope the same generic message telling them that she was fine, that she just didn't want to talk, then spent the rest of the evening working on homework. Apparently, her parents didn't understand the concept of being on a vacation. They still expected her to keep up with everything that she was missing. Not that she minded... much. It helped her keep her mind off of everything that had happened.

Usually, Hope would message her once she was finished with her classes, letting her know everything she missed, but she never received one. She messaged her, asking if everything was alright, but never got a response. It shouldn't have worried her as much as it did, but Hope had told her she'd been having wolf issues. She hadn't elaborated on what those issues were, but it seemed like it could be a big thing.

She messaged MG, but even he wasn't responding. So, she tried Rafael, who also didn't respond, so biting the bullet, she messaged Penelope, who did message back. Unfortunately, she hadn't Hope or MG since classes ended, but did tell her that Rafael was dealing with his dead-not-dead girlfriend.

The necromancer had struck again.

Josie waited nervously for word of what was going on, but nothing came in until the next night. She was lying in bed watching a movie on her tablet when she got a notification. Eager to finally find out what was going on, she paused the movie and went to check her messages. Her heart sank when she saw what Hope had sent.