Chapter 7

Thursday morning, Alayna woke up to her alarm going off. She turned it off and got out of bed. She went over to her closet and picked out an outfit, choosing a purple plaid shirt with jeans and purple converses.

Once Alayna finished getting ready, she grabbed her bag and headed downstairs

Once Alayna finished getting ready, she grabbed her bag and headed downstairs. She could smell breakfast being made. When she walked into the kitchen, Alayna saw her mom making breakfast and her dad sitting at the table drinking coffee. She didn't see her brother, so she guessed he was still getting ready. Her mom set a plate in front of her and her dad and Alayna started to eat. While she ate, Troy came downstairs and joined them. After they all finished eating, Alayna, Troy, and their father walked out to the car and got in.

When they got to the school, Alayna and Troy met up with Chad, Taylor, and Gabriella.

"Hey guys." Taylor greeted them.

"Hey." Troy said. As they walked into the school, they saw Kelsi in front of the call board. She had a concerned look.

"Kelsi, what's wrong?" Alayna asked, going over to her. They all then saw a note of the call board. It said that the callbacks had been moved to tomorrow at 3:30.

"Callbacks are the same time as the game?" Troy asked.

"And the scholastic decathlon." Gabriella."

"The volleyball game will be going on." Alayna said.

"Why would they do that?" Taylor asked.

"I smell a rat named Darbus." Chad said.

"I think it's two rats." Kelsi said. "Neither of them named Darbus."

"Do you know something about this?" Chad asked Kelsi.

"Miss Darbus thinks she's protecting the show." Kelsi said. "But Ryan and Sharpay are only concerned with protecting themselves."

"Maybe Ryan wasn't apart of it." Alayna said. "It could just be Sharpay." She really hoped this was all Sharpay's idea and Ryan wasn't involved in it. She would have to confront him about it later.

"Do you know what I'll do to those two show dogs?" Taylor asked.

"We're not gonna do anything to them. Except to sing. Maybe." Troy said. "Now this is only going happen if we all work together. Now who's in?"

"You know I'm in." Chad said.

"What are we going to do?" Gabriella asked.

"Let's all meet together in the science lab during lunch." Troy said. "We'll figure something out then." Everyone nodded and went their separate ways. Alayna walked into her home room and sat next Ashley.

"Are you ok?" Ashley asked. Alayna shrugged.

"What's wrong?" Ashley asked. "Are you nervous about the callback?"

"It's not happening today." Alayna said.

"What do you mean?" Ashley asked.

"The callbacks have been changed to tomorrow at 3:30." Alayna answered.

"What!" Ashley said. "But that's in the middle of our game."

"I know." Alayna said. "It's also the same time as the basketball game and the academic decathlon."

"What are you guys going to do?" Ashley asked.

"I don't know." Alayna said. "But I'm meeting with Troy and the others at lunch to figure something out." Ashley nodded.

The bell rang and Alayna walked out of home room. As she walked to her first class, Alayna saw Ryan at his locker. "What the hell, Ryan." She said.

"What's wrong, Alayna?" Ryan asked.

"How could you do this?" Alayna asked.

"Alayna, what are you talking about?" Ryan asked.

"The callbacks been changed to tomorrow." Alayna said.

"What!" Ryan said, shocked.

"Don't act like you didn't know anything this." Alayna said.

"I didn't." Ryan said.

"So, you're telling me you didn't know anything about this?" Alayna asked.

"Sharpay said she was going to get Ms. Darbus to chang3 the callbacks to tomorrow, but I told her not to and I didn't think she would do it." Ryan said.

"Have you met your sister?" Alayna said. "She would do anything to make sure no one ruined her shot at being in the show." Ryan was quiet. "Was this all a joke?" Alayna asked. "You being nice to me and getting me to audition for the musical?"

"No." Ryan said. "It's not like that."

"I thought you were different from your sister." Alayna said. "But I was wrong. You're just like her."

"Alayna, I didn't have anything to do this." Ryan said. "I wouldn't do that to you."

Alayna could see that Ryan looked like he meant what he said and she noticed that he looked pretty shocked when she accused him of the callbacks. "I'm sorry." Alayna said.

"It's ok." Ryan said. Just then, the warning bell rang.

"I'll see you later, Alayna." Ryan said.

"Bye." Alayna said. They both walked to their classes.

At lunch, Alayna made her to the science lab. She could hear them talking about her as she walked to the classroom.

"Whatever we do, we have to make that Alayna doesn't miss her callback." Troy said. "She's worked really hard for this and I don't want her to miss it."

"Don't worry, Troy." Taylor said. When Alayna walked in, she saw everyone there.

"Hey Alayna." Troy said.

"So, do you guys have a plan?" Alayna asked.

"Yeah." Taylor said.

"What is it?" Alayna asked.

"Tomorrow, Taylor and I will use the computer to mess with the scoreboards in the gyms." Gabriella explained. "Which will stall both the volleyball and basketball game."

"What about you?" Alayna asked.

"We'll mix a chemical that will delay the decathlon." Gabriella said.

"And you think this will work?" Alayna asked.

"We'll just have to wait and see." Taylor said.

"Ok." Alayna said. "I'll see you guys later." She walked out of the room and headed to the cafeteria.

Later that afternoon, Alayna was at volleyball practice. They stopped for a little break. "Did your brother come up with a plan for tomorrow?" Ashley asked.

"Yeah." Alayna said. "Don't be surprised if the game is delayed tomorrow."

"What's going to happen?" Ashley asked.

"You'll see." Alayna said. Ashley gave her a look before they went back to practice.