Chapter 8

The next morning, Alayna woke up before her alarm went off. She had had a hard sleeping that night because she too nervous for the callback today. She sighed as she got out of bed. She chose an outfit and grabbed a towel from the hall closet before going into the shower. Alayna undressed while the water got warm. She stepped into the shower and let the water wake her up. Afterwards, she stepped out of the shower and dried off. She changed into the outfit, which was a light blue sweater and jeans.As she was blow drying her hair, there was a knock on the door.

"Relax Troy." Alayna said, opening the door. "I'm done." Alayna headed into her room to finish getting ready. She straightened her hair, put a little makeup on, put black converses on. She picked up her bag and walked downstairs.

"Good morning, sweetheart." Her mom greeted her.

"Morning." Alayna said. Her mom set a plate, with waffles and scrambled eggs, in front of her. While she ate, Troy came downstairs.

"You guys ready for your games today?" Their dad asked.

"Yeah." Alayna and Troy replied. Alayna couldn't help but roll her eyes. All her dad talked about and cared was Troy and Alayna's sports. Once they were done eating, Alayna walked out to the car. When they got to the school, Alayna headed to her locker.

"Hey Alayna." Troy said.

"Yeah?" Alayna said.

"Want to help with something?" Troy asked.

"Sure." Alayna said. "What is it?"

"Go put this on." Troy said, giving her a shirt.

"Okay." Alayna said. She took the shirt and went into the bathroom. Sh3 saw it was a white shirt with an a red exclamation point. She didn't know what Troy was up to, but she changed into anyway. After changing, she headed to her home room.

"Hey Ash." She greeted her friend.

"Hey." Ashley said. "So, are you ready for the game and the callback?"

"I'm ready for the game, not so much for the callback." Alayna said. "I'm really nervous."

"You'll be fine." Ashley said. "I'll be there cheering you on."

"Thanks Ash." Alayna said.

"Hey girls." Troy said as he came into their and set a thing of cupcakes in front of Alayna and Ashley.

"Troy?" Alayna said. "What are these?"

"They're for you guys and the rest of the volleyball team." Troy said. "Zeke made them."

"Thanks." Ashley said as she and Alayna each took a cupcake.

"Come with me." Troy said to Alayna. "You can come too, Ashley." Alayna and Ashley followed Troy out of their home room. They walked down to the science lab where the basketball team was waiting outside the door, with a cake. They all walked in and presented it to the decathlon team.

"We have something to show you guys too." Gabriella said. They showed them a whiteboard.

"Oh. It's an equation." Troy said, a little disappointed. They turned the board over and it said, "Go Wildcats." They then threw soft basketballs and volleyballs at them.

"So, what what's with the shirt and what do you need my help with?" Alayna asked Troy as they walked out of the room.

"When we get to my home room, we're going to spell "Go Drama Club" to Sharpay and Ryan." Troy explained. "You'll stand next to me on the end. When it gets to us, we'll unzip our jackets and say exclamation point at the same time." Alayna nodded. When they got to his home room, Alayna stood next to her brother and they said exclamation point when it got to them. Just then, the bell for home room rang.