☆ Unbreakable Oath ☆

Requeza had seen her Spymaster blank, void of emotion, plenty of times. It used to be common, it used to be expected, right up until it wasn't, and their Spymaster was then Eblis. But now, the female seemed shoved back into that same shell, where she killed because she wanted to. 

Req knew she was not the person to pull her out of that. 

She took a deep breath and focused on her running, her blades clanking against her sides. Her feet left bloody footprints behind her, the sound squelching through the halls as she sprinted steadily, her mind tracing Reneau's. She felt the male's persistence, his internal battle with the army. Already, she understood he was wasting his energy trying to control them perfectly; Eblis had implanted the information and left, while he lingered, helping in individual battles while a faerie leaned over him, stitching his wound, and he left a puddle of perspiration around himself. He was overshooting it, trying to prove to his Queen that he was just as good as Eblis, if not better. 

No one was as good as Eblis, though. And as soon as her powers were freed, they would see that.

Pride warred in her, pressing her faster. For Eblis. For Imillion. For Asryun. For their true Queen. For everyone who is alive; she must run and kill Reneau.

It was a chant in her head, and it sent her mind tumbling around itself until she was grinning as she sprinted. Halls and rooms and windows passed, the sun high in the sky and casting light across the castle of pale stone turned red with blood. Below her, far far below, she was aware of Amaron and Amerilda stirring up the people, until they were rushing up the sloping road to the castle, war on their tongues. 

Her mind smacked into theirs.

Req. What's going on? Amaron questioned.

Are you all right?

We're fine you overbearing hen, was Amerilda's jaunty reply. We killed one of the Loyal Guard who tried chasing us down. Poor thing.

She snorted. We've killed two more.

We?

Me and the Spymaster. She is going after the Queen and I, Reneau. Windows passed. She glimpsed a swarm of people at the gates of the castle. She could hear their cries from within.

She turned down a hall, delving deeper into the castle, until it was faelights lighting the way again.

Sweet Mother above. Why is Imillion missing all this action? Amerilda continued, oblivious.

Requeza paused in her mind, debating how to tell them. But, in doing so, they heard it anyway.

Amaron spoke first. 

We'll give him a proper burial later. Him and Asryun.

She sensed the tint of sadness from both of them, but she also felt as they simply pushed the words away and focused on the task at hand. 

We've riled the people as we were told. We'll take care of the army next. 

She gave a wave of understanding and then closed her mind off, turning it to the interior of the castle. She was nearing Reneau, her breaths puffing out of her, and the blood on her feet long since dried. 

His door was stuffed into an unobtrusive alcove, guards posted on either side. They snapped to attention as she ran towards them, covered in the red-black of blood. Their eyes widened beneath their vague helmets.

"Hurry. I must get to the Daemati Captain," she panted, demanding. They nodded and allowed her to pass, but she twirled around and loosed two of her smallest knives into their necks. They froze, hands going to their napes, and began to fall. She caught the neckline of their breastplates and lowered them slowly, quietly to the ground, her arms burning with restraint. She released a breath as metal softly clacked against stone, and she turned.