CHAPTER | 23 |

"PLEASE," I SAID breathlessly as my desire grew higher as he sucked on one nipple, slipping his hand between my legs and exploring further with his thumb. I hear his belt unbuckle and the tearing of foil before he pushed his thigh between my legs, spreading me wide, urging me to wrap them around his waist.

Ghost raised his head to look me in the eye. "Is this what you want, angel?" He murmured as I clung onto him.

My back was against the wall - literally and figuratively. "No foreplay. F*ck me now."

He curses under his breath and pushes inside me. Withdrawing slowly, he slammed into me again, taking my breath away with the force of it. Ghost f*cks me faster, pulling me down against him and holding me against his chest.

Somehow, we both needed this, needing to get over the attraction between us and it felt so right. He doesn't slow down, kissing me hard. His fingers tangled themselves in my hair so I was completely at his mercy as he moved inside me. The adrenaline and lust built until I couldn't take it anymore.

I was pushed over the edge, climaxing while I moaned Ghost's name as he promised. I couldn't focus on anything but my release that was hitting me hard. However, Ghost's voice cut through the fog as his whispered in my ear.

"Round two?"

*****

I was sprawled over Ghost's chest as we laid in his bed, barely covered by the sheets. His fingers trailed my spine lazily while we were both silent in thought. Did I have regrets? No. I had to get it out my system.

More than once.

The sound of my phone vibrating caused my to raise my head and pick it up . On the screen, Dad was written and my eyes met gold one as I debated picking up.

"Do you want me to go?" Ghost offered, raising an eyebrow.

I sighed, sitting up. "No. It's fine." Answering the call, I put the phone in my ear. "Hey, dad."

The director responded. "What's your progress?"

"Fine. I'm fine."

"Any information? We need a lead now, Malia."

"I don't have anything," I admitted guilty. "I haven't confirmed anything-"

"Malia," he said seriously. "I didn't send you there to f*ck around. Do your job or I'll give this case to someone else."

"I am. I just... haven't confirmed anything."

"Well, hurry up. Harry is close to finding De Vil. You have till next week."

"That's not-" I started but was cut short when the phone beeped indicating he hung up. I closed my eyes, frustrated. He wasn't wrong. I had nothing to bring to the table especially with no evidence.

"What did he say?" Ghost pulled me towards him so I was straddling his hips. The position only made it harder to lie to his face.

"He's worried that I haven't got a proper job."

"He doesn't know you work of the FBI?" He asked.

"No." I kept my focus on his tattoos as I spoke. "He wouldn't approve."

"Interesting." Ghost ran his hand down my side until it rested on my thigh. "As much as I want to entertain this made up story, I have things to do."

"What?"

He smirked. "I'm not stupid. I've been through your phone and I'm pretty sure that's not your dad but keep lying. I'll pretend I believe you."