Chapter 3

It felt a bit...weird, to get inside the mansion and get cheered at. Maybe even a few catcalls. But Niall just grinned, tipping his glass at them in a little salute.

Well, now for his little welcoming speech...

"Hey guys," Niall spoke up, clearing his throat a little. "I, uh...I'd like to thank you all for being here. We're all on a journey to find love here, or at least I am, so...while we're at it, let's have a blast, yeah?"

They all voiced their agreement and clinked their glasses against each other's.

"Now, Harry," Niall continued after things quieted down for a bit, "Do you mind if I steal you away for a bit?"

"Not at all," Harry grinned, following Niall outside into the back garden.

Some guys were visibly surprised or upset that Niall didn't pick them first. They all knew that if they didn't get a chance to talk to him, they were probably gonna get send packing already. None of them wanted that to happen.

A few minutes into the conversation, another guy; Niall thought his name was Phil, interrupted Niall and Harry to steal Niall away. 

This went on for most of the night, even more so when Chris came into the room to place the first impression rose on the table. Every single guy wanted that rose.

Some guys were chatting with each other while their bachelor was 'busy', while others stayed quiet, looking around, taking everything in. Sizing up their 'competition'.

Niall had quite some time now to get to know a little bit more of almost all the guys now and starngely, he already knew whom he was gonna give that first, very much desired, rose. Probably had known since that guy had stepped out of the limo.

When The Bachelor grabbed the rose from the table, you could basically hear the collective breath holding. They were all watching Niall go, as the boy walked around through the house and outside, because the guys had scattered around the place, all hoping Niall would stop in front of them and hand them that rose.

He found the guy he was looking for outside, talking to two other guys, one of them was smoking.

He held the rose behind his back. "Louis?"

The brown haired boy looked up at him, a bit surprised. "Yeah?"

"Can I talk to you?"

"Sure."

Niall nudged his head and Louis stood up, walking next to Niall. As they walked away, Niall could hear the quiet gasps from the other two, because they now had view on the flower behind his back. Louis was still in the dark.

Niall let the other sit down, sitting down next to him before showing the thing that was behind his back. Louis' eyes widened a little.

"You're kidding me?!"

Niall barked out  a laugh. In fact he had done that a lot during his earlier talk with Louis. "I'm not."

"Holy---"

The blonde stared down shyly for a second before looking back up, holding out the rose.

"I know that I don't really know you yet, but I also know I like what I've seen and heard in such a short time, I'd love to learn more about you, Louis Tomlinson. So...Louis...will you accept this rose?"

Louis just stared at him, then slowly nodded his head, a small grin appearing on his face. "Absolutely."

A matching grin appeared on Niall's face as Louis took the rose, then the blonde was pulled into a hug. Again. It didn't stay with the hug, because Niall felt a soft kiss on his cheek, a quiet "thank you," murmured into his ear.

Niall knew for sure, even after he and Louis walked back to the others and the fight for Niall's attention had started up again, that he'd made the right decision.

Louis was worth it.

He also knew there were 25 amazing guys here. All for him. And he had to send 10 of them home tonight. He really wasn't looking forward to that part.

Good thing was...even if it was still too soon to say, he thought he could see himself falling in love with (at least) one of these guys for sure.

But still, there was that quiet little voice in the back of his mind...

'You can get heartbroken out of this.'

Yet, it was worth a shot.

--------------...............--------

Comments and votes are always apprecated! :)