Chapter 5

So, there they were. The 15 remaining guys in the mansion. Now the real adventure could begin.

They were all sitting in the living room, the morning after that dreaded first rose ceremony, waiting for whatever was to come. Soon enough, Chris Harrison entered and started his usual explanation of what was gonna happen that week.

"Good morning guys," he greeted them all, "And congratulations. As you know, this is a journey about falling in love, hopefully, with our bachelor. Now, there are gonna be three dates this week. Two single dates, one group date. As you probably know, not everyone will be going on a date this week. Don't let that discourage you. There are still many dates to come. On every date, there will be a rose. If you don't receive a rose on a single date, unfortunately, that means you'll be send home. That being said..." he picked a card out of his jacket, "This is the first date card. Good luck, guys." With all of that said, he left the boys alone.

Harry all but ran to pick up the envelope with the card inside and opened it quickly, spurred on by the others.

"Zayn," Harry read out loud, trying to sound cheerful, even if he surely looked disappointed (he wasn't the only one), "Let's explore. X, Niall."

Zayn looked surprised, but pleasantly so. He took the card from Harry with a smile, starng at it for a bit as the others wondered out loud what that sentence could mean.

There were a lot of things that could be explored. But Zayn had a feeling this was about feelings.

He was probably right as hell too. But how Niall set on exploring his feelings...that was the big question.

------....-----

Niall came to pick Zayn up just about an hour later. Niall looked beautiful, but Zayn...Zayn looked absolutely stunning. Niall's jaw might have dropped a little when he saw the dark haired boy.

"You look...amazing!" the blonde said, stumbling over his words a little, making the other chuckle.

"You look very pretty too."

He blushed a little, "You ready to go?"

"Ready."

"Ok, let's go then."

Giving a little wave goodbye to the remaining guys, Niall and Zayn left on their date.

--------........-------

Whatever Zayn had been expecting, it wasn't this...

"We're going down into that cave?"

Niall laughed softly, even if he looked all kinds of nervous. "Yeah. We are. I have to admit, I'm claustrophobic, so...yeah. I hope I don't chicken out at the last minute."

Zayn looked at him and smiled, "I won't let you. This is about trust, isn't it?

"Yeah...it is."

"Well, you can trust me."

A smile spread across Niall's cheeks. This was what he'd hoped for. "Let's do this, then."

Zayn nodded and took Niall's hand in his as they listened to the instructor about how they were gona have to descend into the cave.

Zayn went in first, then Niall followed his example. He tried not to panic too much as they went through the smallest parts, Zayn's constant encouragements helping him to get on with it and not give up.

Once down there, they both looked around, taking in the sight. 

"Wow," Zayn breathed, "It's beautiful down here."

"Makes it all worth it, doesn't it?"

"Yeah. Yes, it does."

"Come on, let's have a seat."

There was picnic blanket and basket placed close by the water pool that was down there. They sat down and started eating and drinking after opening the basket. 

They slowly got into a conversation, Niall asking Zayn questions to get to know him better, the other doing the same in return.

"You're still quite the mysterious one, aren't you?" Niall asked after a while.

"I like to be, yeah." Zayn answered honestly, "Does that bother you?"

Niall shrugged, "No. Not really. Makes you all the more intriguing. Keeps me interested."

Zayn grinned, "I can assure you, you won't get bored with me."

"I believe you."

Zayn's smile got softer and he shifted a little closer to Niall. "Have I told you that this is a great date?"

"Nope." 

"Well, I'm telling you now."

Niall smiled, "I think I have a way of making it even better." He reached behind the basket while Zayn raised an eyebrow, then got it when Niall revealed the rose.

"Oh. That part, huh?"

"I know you like to remain a little mysterious, but, I hope you want to give me the chance to get to know you at least a little better than I already do. So...Zayn, will you accept this rose?"

"Of course I will."

He took the rose and put it next to him, leaning in to give Niall his first kiss of the whole experience.

And Niall? Niall enjoyed it. Very much so.

------------............-----------

--Meanwhile--

*Ding Dong*

"Guys! There's another date card!"

Harry ran off again to retrieve the card. They knew it was probably gonna be a group date, so, they were all excited, hoping their name would be called.

"Alright," Harry held the card in front of him, waiting until everyone had settled down before he started reading off the names. "Liam, Craig, Peter, myself," he smiled at that, then kept on reading names until 3 guys were left. "I'm gonna let you entertain me. X, Niall."

So, only Louis, Steven and Leo remained date-less. That meant one of them would get the second one on one; the last date of the week.

 They looked at each other while the others started speculating about their group date.

They were curious to know who it was gonna be.

-------------.......-------

No one was really surprised to see Zayn come back, holding the rose proudly in his hand. 

It was the very first date...for Niall to have send Zayn home, it would have to have gone really, really badly. 

They did ask him what they'd done on their date and, of course, if he got a bit of lip action.

Zayn did tell them about the cave and theit picnic, but when they asked about the kiss, he kept quiet.

It was his good right to keep the guys guessing. He knew he had the very first kiss frm Niall.

That had to count for something...