Chapter 4

He felt absolutely terrible. Standing there in front of all those guys, knowing he had to send ten of them home. On the first night even there.

Chris was standing next to him, telling Louis he was the only one who received a rose and so he didn't have to face the fear of going home. He wished the other guys luck, patted Niall on the shoulder and walked away.

"This is gonna be the hardest part of this whole experience," Niall said to the boys. "I'm sorry for all of you that I'm gonna have to disappoint, but...this is a journey to love and I need to follow heart. That being said...let's just start this, yeah?"

The guys shifted a little on their spot, all nervous to hear Niall call out the first name.

"Liam," Liam went forward, stopping in front of Niall. "Liam, will you accept this rose?"

"Of course," giving Niall a quick hug, he took the rose and went to his place between the other guys.

It went on like that until there was only one rose left on the table. Chris made his appearance again.

"Gentlemen, this is the last rose of the night." He turned to Niall then, "In your own time." and disappeared once again.

Niall closed his eyes for a second, taking a deep breath before picking up the rose, opening his eyes and looking back up.

"Peter."

Peter stepped forward and the ten remaining guys all deflated, shoulders sagging, heads dropping. Disappointment hanging in the air.

Chris reappeared once more, "Guys, I'm sorry. If you did not receive a rose, please, say your goodbyes."

It broke Niall's heart a little, seeing those guys say goodbye to the once who were staying, then saw them stroll up to him one by one to give him a hug goodbye and wish him good luck.

Doubt was seeping in a little bit...Had he made the right decision? This had all had to happen so fast...

Well, no time to dwell on it. There were still 15 guys here and one of them could possibly be 'the one'.

"This was hard for me," Niall spoke up to the remaining guys as they all huddled up together when the others had left. "And it's only gonna get harder every week. I'm happy, though. And I truly believe I can find love here." the 15 guys cheered. "So, let's make the most of it. To finding love. "

They all lifted their glass in the air.

"To love!"