Orange M&Ms and Pretzels - Part 2

Reese didn't realize Will was in front of his desk until the brown haired agent cleared his throat. Reese jerked up from the unfinished sentence on his computer screen. Perhaps he did need that Monster drink after all.

"Oh, hi."

"Did I come back in time?" asked Will with an eager smile.

"Hm? Oh, right, the donut." It was a little past an hour, but he didn't feel like eating anything. Reese handed over the pastry. "Enjoy."

Will accepted it, but tilted his head, concerned. "What are you working on?"

"My official report for the Luvor," said Reese, staring at the waiting document. "I'm just about to get to the interesting part."

Will winced. "Ah."

"Yeah." Reese smirked. "You know you still owe me for that."

"Another half-dozen Maple Bacon donuts?"

"That's a start."

A paper football hit Reese on the forehead, leaving a tiny red dent.

"And that's a stop," said Beni. "As in "stop harping around for sympathy foods"."

"Killjoy," muttered Reese. "I would have shared." The redhead spied Louis coming down the stairs to Main Tech, freshly showered and shades on, a steaming cup in hand.

"How are you still working on that?" asked Beni. "I had mine done thirty minutes ago."

"You weren't there for most of it," replied Reese, his hands plucking at the lock discs and making them spin. "Or the worst of it."

"I was there when Will got shot," pointed out Beni.

"I meant the other worst of it."

Will spoke up again. "Do you want to see my copy of the report to corroborate?"

Reese narrowed his eyes as Louis approached. "No, I should be good."

The blond came up behind Will, unnoticed. With one smooth motion, Louis grabbed Will's right wrist, brought it up, and then took a bite out of the donut.

"That's my breakfast!" cried Will.

"You ate this morning," said Louis with a full mouth before sipping his mug with an arrogant smirk.

"That doesn't count," hissed Will in an almost whisper.

The two continued to argue quietly as they returned to their desks.

Reese tapped one of the chrome combination discs, making it flip up in the air. He caught it, polished it with his handkerchief, and turned it towards the wall behind him and the row of desks. On the other side of Main Tech a spectacled man in a tweed jacket took notes. He had been there yesterday, and there he was again this morning. His unexplained presence was grating on Reese's nerves. Did anyone else notice?

A craving for something sweet and super caffeinated called him away from his worries and to the fridge in the break room. Cold can of Monster in hand, Reese returned to his desk, the caffeine energizing him to get the next part over with.

***

The Luvor

"There is no way you're putting two people inside me!" said Reese, shaking his head and scooting away from the two agents. Unfortunately there wasn't much room to move, even in a five star luxury hotel storage closet, and he ended up slamming against one of the shelves, hand towels dropping in his lap and on his head.