Preparations

Yoonhae's POV

               "He's currently in this hospital. You can go see for yourself if you want." I sighed as I recalled his words. *Well, here goes nothing.* I thought as I stared at the name on the wall. I was about to slide the door open when someone beat me to it. "Oh, I'm sorry." I said as I stepped a side to give way. "Are you here to see my son?" asked the person. It was a lady who seemed to be in her early 40s.

               "You're from the same school as Minhyuk. So I assume you're here to visit him." she added. *Oh my. It's his mother.* I realized as I quickly stood straight and bowed. "Ah, yes. I'm Lee Yoonhae." I said. "Please take care of him. I need to leave for work." she informed. "Ah, yes. I will." I said with a nod. "Well, i'll take my leave first." she said. "Ah, yes. Have a good evening." I said as I bowed. She smiled and gave a nod before leaving. After she was out of sight, I turned around to face the door again. I took a deep breath before i slowly slide the door open and stepped in.

               My eyes widened at the sight in front of me. There he was, laid in bed with his eyes closed. I walked further until I stood by the bed side. *It really is him.* I thought as I stared at the figure. I then took a seat and placed my bag on the floor. As I stared at him, my hand slowly reached out for his face. As soon as my finger poked lightly at his cheek, I retreated my hand back. *It feels weird to see you physically here but I'm relieved and so happy at the same time to know you're still alive.* I thought as a smile crept on my face. *Now how am I suppose to tell you this?* I thought as I sighed and smile faltered.

Minhyuk's POV

               "Where is she?" I muttered as I looked at the clock. It's already 11pm and she should have been home by now. *Did something happen?* I thought anxiously as I chewed on my lower lip. *That's it. I'm gonna go look for her.* I thought as I got up to leave. I am now walking down the street she would normally take. I was reaching the convenience store when I spotted a familiar figure a distance away from me. *There she is.* I thought as I quickly walked towards her.

               "Where have you been young lady?" I said the moment I was in front of her. "Oh, Minhyuk ah. What are you doing here?" she asked with wide eyes. She probably didn't expect me to be here. "Looking for you and you didn't answer my question." I said with a frown. "Oh, uh. I was just coming back from a class discussion for an upcoming event." She replied. "Really?" I asked raising an eyebrow. "Yes, really. Let's go. I'm tired." she said as she continued walking quickly. *She's acting weird.* I thought as I followed close.

Yoonhae's POV

               *I didn't expect him to come out all the way to look for me.* I thought as I was walking back home. When I reached home, mum was sitting at the couch reading a book. "You're still up?" I asked. "Mhmm. Where have you been?" she asked, looking up from her book. "School. I had a class discussion." I answered. "I see. Please inform me next time you're going to be late. Although I know you'll have a companion anyways." said mum as she muttered the last few words. *Companion?* I thought, confused at her words. I shrugged anyways and went up to my room.

               "You should've told me you were coming home late too. I got worried for nothing." said Minhyuk with a frown. "You got worried?" I teased. "W-well. You're the only one who can see me so if something happens to you I'd be alone again." he said while looking away as a blush appeared on his cheeks. My eyes widened at the sight and I felt myself blushing as well. "F-fine. I'll tell you the next time." I said as I adverted my eyes away from him. Just then, I recalled something. "Hey..." I started out which got his attention. "What would you do if you're still... Alive?" I asked carefully. His eyes widened as I got him off guard. "Well... I'm not sure." he said. "It'd be the same anyways." he said with a sad smile. *It'd be the same anyways? What does that mean?* I wondered.