Campfire of Confessions

Yoonhae's POV

               "Did you see that person's face? It was so funny!" said Hyeju as she laughed uncontrollably. "Calm down, calm down." I said as I giggled at her reaction. Our class has just finished the first half of the festival and now we're having a break but I'm done for the day as someone else will be taking over my spot and I have already changed out of my costume.

               "Ehem, it seems your date is here." said Hyeju as she nudged me by the shoulder. I turned around to see Taeyong walking towards me. "Hey." he said. "Hey." I replied with a smile. "Well, then. I guess I'll see you later." said Hyeju and walked away. Not before seeking a smug face at me. "So, where do you wanna go first?" asked Taeyong as he looked at me. "Hmm... I'm kinda hungry. How about we go to the food stalls?" I suggested. "Ok, I'm hungry too." said Taeyong with a smile. *So cute.* I thought as I started walking. The food stalls are all at the school's lobby so we went down.

               "Wow, there's so many food here!" I exclaimed as I looked around at the different stalls. I was really hungry and I almost drooled looking at all the food. Just then, I heard a chuckle. I turned to see Taeyong smiling at me. "What?" I wondered. "Nothing. You're so cute when you're hungry." he said as he let out another chuckle and headed towards a stall. *Did he just call me cute? Me, cute?* I thought as I felt myself blush. "Yoonhae ah. Why are you standing there? Come here." Taeyong called out. I snapped out of my thoughts and quickly went over to him. "Sorry." I said sheepishly. "It's ok. Do you want some tteokbokki?" asked Taeyong. "I'd love to. It looks delicious." I said with a wide smile. Taeyong chuckled again and bought a cup of it.

               "Here." he said as he handed me the cup of tteokbokki. "Thanks." I smiled happily as I took it. I grabbed a stick and poked into one. "This is so delicious. Omg." I said as I took a bite. I was chewing when I heard Taeyong chuckling. I turned to see him giggling while looking at me. *Is something on my face?* I thought. "You've got some sauce here." said Taeyong as he reached over and swiped his thumb over the corner of my lip. "There." he said as he wiped his thumb and smiled at me. "T-thank you." I said as I covered my mouth and blushed. *Omg. I can't believe that just happened!* I thought as I fangirled mentally. After that, we continued walking around and finally decided to take a rest. "Wait here. I'll buy us some drinks." he said as he walked away. *He's so sweet...* I thought as I smiled to myself while watching Taeyong's retreating figure.

               "How sweet." said a voice. "Omg! Don't scare me like that!" I said as I let out a small shriek. Minhyuk was suddenly beside me. *How did he even know where I was?* I wondered as I looked at him. "Having fun walking around with your crush?" he asked out of the blue. "Erm, kinda." I replied. "I see." he replied with a nod. "Are you going to be with him during the campfire?" he asked. *Why is he asking about the campfire? What's with all these sudden questions?* I thought. He really was acting weird since... cough, the classroom. "I don't know? I mean, I actually planned to go with Hyeju." I replied. "Oh, so he hasn't asked you yet?" Minhyuk asked in a quick manner and he seemed relieved in a way. "No? Why are you asking?" I asked in curiosity.

               "Because I want you to see me before the campfire." he stated. "W-what?" I asked nervously. "Since you're already walking around the festival with him, it's only fair to be with me afterwards." he replied as he crossed his arms. *Why does it seem like his reply is rather childish.* I thought as I held back a giggle. "I'll wait for you in the classroom." he said. Before I could reply, someone called out to me. I turned to see Taeyong walking towards me. I turned back around to see Minhyuk was gone. *But why does he want to meet me?* I wondered.