Chapter 5: Follow your bliss

Hi Everyone!

Here a new chapter for Fairies 2.0 (Still thanks to lindaisfangirling for her wonderful cover!!!)

It's also a prompt, "bliss" for the prompt series written by JVH624 Dr-Cokebottles Meggyhashope rainingmeteors
Daphnecs8

Chapter 5: Follow your bliss

Summer made way to autumn, and nature took warm colors, shades of orange, red, and brown. Trees lost their leaves slowly, lining the ground with a thick, mellow, blanket. Chestnuts, pumpkins, and mushrooms started to pop up, while animals began to stockpile for winter that would come soon.

Two months went by since Princess Xiaozi's kidnapping, and life resumed its tranquility. Dreamy, Shancai observed nature through her room's window, regretting not to be able to enjoy autumnal beauties.

Last few weeks, the young woman had been sick. She had to resign herself and took time off work. She felt exhausted, queasy, heavy so that she struggled to turn into a fairy, even with Jing's powder. When she managed to do it, her wings barely allowed her to rise off the ground.

Daoming Si eventually installed a hammock in the greenhouse, so she could rest, and enjoy her bubble of nature because she couldn't go into her dollhouse only available for her fairy size.

Noticing she still didn't recover, and she was even getting worse, her husband was getting even more worried. Almost once a week, he brought her to the hospital so that she could pass health tests. Doctors ended to be irritated because they didn't find anything, but AhSi was very stubborn.

Shancai even wondered if they weren't laughing at her a little because, last time she went to the hospital, a woman doctor wanted to speak to her alone, and she asked her some very personal and intimate questions, making her blush with shame.

Why would her intimacy with her husband, and the state of her menstrual cycles, should help to understand anything? The woman just did a blood test on her – it was at least the tenth since she started to be sick – and Shancai went back home, waiting for the results she would receive during the day.

Shancai repressed a yawn while her stomach complained desperately about starvation. The breakfast she took on the same morning had refused to stay any longer in her belly, and she felt starving. Unfortunately, even the more discreet smell from the kitchen gave her some nausea.

While the young woman observed the living nature outside, her mid start progressively to ramble, and she thought about the beginning of her human life. She remembered how she met Daoming Si, that strange human with that pineapple head who bullied nature in a fit of rage. She had the feeling to feel their first kiss still, how she turned into a human, and Daoming Si, hugging her, begging her to stay with him.

***

(cf: chapter 1, just before the flash-forward one year to the wedding)

Daoming Si kissed her passionately, begging her to stay, to not turn into a fairy again. The young woman started to feel dizzy with his kisses, and her thoughts became confused. The only thing that came to mind was that she desperately wanted him to continue.

However, she was pulled back to Earth, realizing what they were doing. She struggled to pull away from the young man's embrace and looked up at him. His stare confused her because it shone in a way she hardly decrypted. He was breathless, like her, and his lips were still shaking because of their kiss.