Chapter 2- Lies and Lies

"Study hard, students, we have exams next week!" the history professor shouted. With everyone else sighing and packing their stuff, Mina sat waiting again. She started to doodle on her notebooks, not paying attention to the students walking out of the room. That is, until another student came in to talk privately with the professor.

"Hello, are you professor Choi?" Mina heard a familiar voice ask. She looked up to see Dahyun. She was surprised, and stood up from her desk.

Dahyun looked Mina's way, her face lighting up in an instance. She called, "Mina!"

"Hello, Dahyun! I didn't know you were going to this school," Mina laughed.

"Yes, I moved here to come to this particular school," Dahyun replied with a bright smile.

"So you girls know each other?" Professor Choi questioned.

"Yes, we're neighbors, professor," Mina answered.

"That's nice to hear, hopefully you and Dahyun will have some classes together. I'm sure that will make you two much more comfortable."

"It certainly would!" Dahyun exclaimed.

After the two girls thanked Professor Choi, they walked around, taking a little tour for themselves.

"I really wasn't expecting to find anyone else I know," Dahyun exclaimed. "I'm really happy about that."

"Anyone else? Do you have a friend who goes here?" Mina questioned.

"Oh yes, Son Chaeyoung. Do you know her?"

"Hmm... I don't recall anyone by that name. Though, I am a little new, too."

"That's okay! Well, it's time that I go meet my new professors, see you later, Mina!"

"Have fun, Dahyun!"

Morning classes made Mina feel extra exhausted through her day. While she was studying in the library, she found herself dozing off, almost falling asleep right then and there. She couldn't even keep focus on what she was reading. Deciding to look up, she was blinded by the bright sunlight... So she put her head back down.

Mina finally gave in to her tired state, falling asleep on her book.

With what seemed like hours passed, Mina felt a tap on her shoulder. She lifted her head, meeting eyes with another student.

"Excuse me, miss, the library is closing," the student giggled.

"Oh, I'm sorry," Mina apologized and started to pack her things. In the process, she accidentally bumped the stack of books, making them fall.

The two girls frantically shuffled the books together, stacking them again.

"I'm very sorry for causing you trouble," Mina apologized, yet again. Her face became very flustered.

"It's okay, really. I don't blame you, exam week is stressful for a lot of us," the girl laughed. "What's your name?"

"Mina. Myoui Mina."

"Oh, the fairly new student? You're friends with Hirai Momo, yes?"

"Yes, I am," Mina giggled.

"That's nice to know, keep her in check!" The girl laughed.

"Your name?" Mina questioned with a giggle.