Berk

One week later.
Hiccup POV:
I decided to go to Berk to see everyone again. I would stay there for a week or two and then fly back. I headed to Astrid's room and told her my decision. 

"Really! That's great! Ok. Go and pack." I left her room and stopped by fishlegs room to tell him. It was met with similar results. I headed to my room next and packed a few tunics and pants my pillow my sleeping furs and my pencils and notepad. Then I went to the kitchen and grabbed food for everyone.  We all had dinner and I discussed everything with Heather. 

"I'm putting you in charge while I'm gone. Don't forget to look after all the dragons in the hospital and forge. They like it when you speak to them. Don't worry I will continue my training on Berk and be back soon" most people would think that by training I mean like with a sword but I mean training to switch between dragon and human. I have learnt to fly and shoot but we are still working on agility, speed and accuracy. 

Soon the boat was ready to go, and we had all packed. The plan was for me to talk to any dragons and work on convincing them to help pull the boat to get back as quick as possible, sailing normally whenever the dragons need a break.  It worked really well, and soon, Berk was in sight.

 I was awakened from my sleep by the sounds of shouting down below. I jumped down and landed nicely. 

"What's all the fuss about?"

 "We are nearly at Berk and Toothless shouldn't be up there when we deck." I nodded, makes sense.

 "Right. Toothless you need to come down here!" 

"I am coming." Toothless glided down and landed beside me and he went under deck like instructed, I stayed above deck. 

 Fishlegs and I talked for around half an hour before I heard the sound of Stoicks and Gobbers voices. 

 "They finally came back from their trip." I caught sight of them coming down the dock. I instantly froze up,  taking a couple of steps back to instinctively hide from them. Fishlegs looked back, almost as if asking if he was okay. He nodded his head and smiled slightly, coming back to stand next to him again. He took a deep breath in. 

And made eye contact with Stoick. 

Instantly he stuttered to a stop. He could see him mouth 'Hiccup'. I stare him dead in the eye, ignoring Gobber. Well, I was. Until he ran into me at full speed to give me a hug. I had to break eye contact to turn to Gobber, who was almost crushing me. 

"Hey Gobber, I have to breathe." He let me down, a hand still on my shoulder. 

"I thought ya died, lad!" I laughed. 

"Well, I didn't." 

"I can see that." Gobber laughed and I smiled widely at him. I got distracted by Stoick, who tried to scoop me up in a hug as well. I sidestepped easily. 

 "Stoick." Stoick pauses for a moment, then looks down. 

"Hiccup. I'm- I'm glad you're not dead. I missed you." I nod suspiciously and smile slightly. He turns to the other teens. 

"Hey, there lad. Wanna catch me up on what you've been doing these past few years." 

"Well there's a lot of dragons, and no killing them." He nodded. 

"So you're the dragon master then"

"what, how'd you get that so quickly!" 

"I know ya lad, I could tell you didn't actually want to kill dragons since before you did. When I heard of this dragon master, and saw him looking like he did, well. I could tell then." I smiled. 

"You wanna meet my dragon?"

"Your dragon?"  I turn to Stoick, who has clearly finished talking to the teens as they have started unpacking. 

"My dragon. Toothless." Gobber and Stoick look at me confused until Toothless comes up deck. They take a step back, clearly trying to not attack him on instinct.

"Meet Toothless. Now if you'll excuse me." I jump on Toothless and go to the cove. I collapse against him when we get there.

"That took so much energy. Who knew meeting your old family could take so much out of you" Toothless warbles comfortingly. 

"Do you want to go see the old arena, meet the dragons there?"

"I don't know bud, that's just gonna make me think of how berk still attacks- well. Now if I don't go to free them I'll be thinking about it all day. C'mon."

 We arrive at the arena quickly, ignoring the stares from anyone else. 

"Hello!" 

"is that a human?" 

"Technically. How many are in here?" 

"Just two of us, Fanghook and I."

"Let me let you out." I quickly open the doors and let the two dragons out. Turns out it's a deadly nadder and a  monstrous nightmare. 

"Nice to meet you."  We didn't spend long together, all I do is tell them where my island is and that Heather also knows how to speak before they leave. When I turn around after letting them out I see most of the towns flock looking at me. I back away, straight into toothless, and he picks me up and we fly back to the cove. 

Edited on 18/08/2022. 

I had to rewrite half of this chapter, it was so bad. How did anyone read this?