Mother-Son Talk

Emma

"Come in!" I yelled out after I heard the knock on my door, James entered looking upset. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"I hate Laura." He flopped onto my bed, face first. I pulled away from grading papers and walked towards my son. "What happened?" James immediately hopped up with a guilty look.

"Okay so I may or may not have been talking shit about them, and so Laura confronted me earlier talk 'why are saying shit about us' and I was like 'I ain't got to tell you' and then she tried lunging at me, lunging at me like is she stupid or something so I had Daken restrain her then she got even more mad when I had him drop her.

So she lunged at me again, this time she got me, and like that crazy little mutt broke my cheekbone, it healed of course, but... She noticed it that's how I was able to turn the tables and get in a couple punches before Daken pulled me off and threw me to the side but now I'm worried she saw my regeneration powers and that's for sure not from you, what if they find out I'm... their brother."

His face went from excited about beating Laura up to sad about them finding out the truth, "James would that be such a ba-"

"Yes! I don't want to be seen as another one of the asshole's bastards-" James stood up angrily, fist clenched, "And I definitely don't need his pity! If he wants to treat me a certain way then he best keep it up when he finds out the truth! But of course he won't!" James' old New Jersey accent coming through because of his anger.

"Okay, okay James just calm down if you don't want anyone finding out then they don't have to."

James sat back still clearly angry, "James, what's wrong? What's really bothering you."

"You said you wouldn't read my mind."

"I didn't."

"Damn it!" He rolled his eyes, quickly wiping at the tears still in held in his eyes. "I don't know, I think a part of me wants to tell because it just kind of feels like this weight on my shoulders... like the child in me who wanted to meet him, the same one that asked and begged to go to one of his fights not to talk to him but just to see him.

"It's like that child is now not asking you but me, but I can't, I won't do something like that can put my emotions in a vulnerable place."

"You're a diamond dear, they can't break you-" I pulled him into a hug and felt a couple of tears fall onto my shoulder, "If you want we can do some retail therapy, maybe you can even bring your little friends."

"Kitty is only a inch shorter then me and Anna is a inch taller than me, they aren't really little." He said laughing, pulled back wiping away a few tears. "But yeah I'd like that."

"Even though you do know that's not the best way to go about problems."

----

Short I know I did tried getting to 1000 like I usually do but I feel like all the stuff I wrote for this chapter sounds like it should be it's own chapter so it is and hopefully I'll be able to get that one to 1000 but if I don't then 700.

PS I might edited this chapter because I feel like the quote doesn't really work there but I do want to use it so don't get to mad if I unpublish this chap to edit.