10; i love you

y/n took a deep breath

"it hurts to keep these feelings to myself." he muttered.

"then spit it out, it's not hard." chaewon bluffed again.

"it's more difficult than you think."

"what is it then?"

"i love you."

. . .

chaewon's eyes widened. a feeling of surrealism jabbed her chest, as if a group of fireworks blew up around them.

"y- you what?" she stuttered.

"i said it, i love you. i love you kim chaewon, i always have." y/n confessed. his heart was nearly about to burst out his chest. chaewon, again, went speechless as she rested her head against his chest.

he didn't know how to feel.

what was she going to say?

are things ruined between me and her now?

i messed up, didn't I?

. . .

"hehe~"

huh?

y/n looked down and saw chaewon with the most innocent smile across her face.

"i knew you liked me, it was too obvious~" she scoffed, but he knew she was bluffing again.

he decided to play along, just to see where this was going.

"oh no... you caught me..." he scratched his head awkwardly, chaewon was still leaning on him and laughed quietly.

"well... you're answer?" he asked.

chaewon sat up straight and held his hands.

"i love you too, keum y/n~" she said as she pecked him on the lips.

y/n smiled, his heart filling the space that only she could fit, it was amazing and most of all... she was amazing.

"promise me we'll be in front of the altar one day?" he asked, raising a pinky.

"yah, too soon."

"o- oh... i guess you're right–" suddenly she kissed him, more passionately this time, and looked into his sparkly eyes.

"but that doesn't mean I don't want too~..."

y/n chuckled at her teasing. knowing he had the girl of his dreams, standing next to him, holding his hand. everything was perfect.

even for years to come.

5 years later

here they stood, y/n in his black suit as chaewon stood in front of him with her white dress.

it was almost like a dream, just a couple of years ago they were strangers, now they were newlyweds.

as the pastor announced, "you may kiss the bride." they entered each other's embrace while the crowd around erupted in cheers and happy tears.

chaewon slowly backed away and looked up into her husband's smiling expression.

"i love you, keum y/n."

"i love you too, kim chaewon."

the end