7

"I didn't quite hear that hon?" I asked, just to mess with him.
He whined quietly, probably thinking I didn't hear him. "I'm sorry.." he muttered and I smiled at him.
"I knew you were a softie." I smirked and he hid his face behind his bangs and scrunched up his nose. I had the urge to grab his chin and see his cute little embarrassed face but I didn't and just pointed to the sink.
"Wash your hands like a human, little dude." I said and he grouched over there. "Humans are jerks anyways" he muttered quietly to himself. "Hm?" I beckoned. "Nothing " he said softly. "No dude, I wanna know." He scrunched up his face as his mood seemed to suddenly change drastically. "Well maybe I don't want to TELL." He said , irritated, as he made his way towards the door.
On one hand I thought I should let him cool off but on the other hand I was worried if it was a good idea to let him be alone when he was upset.
I didn't know where he had gone, the hallway was empty and I went up the stairs to his bedroom. The door was closed and it was silent as I knocked. No awner.
"I'm coming in" I warned, and I opened the door slowly to find an empty room, although I heard sniffling coming from the walk-in closet.
I pressed my head up to the door and heard him crying. Poor thing. Hearing it made me feel awful for some reason, and I  had just met Bexey a few hours ago.
I pushed open the door, fearing the worst, to find him curled up in the corner sobbing into his stuffed bunny, so many tears had spilled that one of his black lenses had been flushed out resting on the stuffed toy's soft fur.
Bexey looked up to see me standing over him. "WhaT?!" He growled angrily, making me back up , he gave me a look that genuinely made the hair on the back of my neck stand up, but I brushed it off sitting down cautiously in front of him and handing him a tissue.i found the lenses case on a shelf in the closet picking it up and placing the black lense he had lost inside it. A peace offering to show that I wouldn't hurt him and he seemed to relax his shoulders a bit. He moved a bit closer to me, linking his finger in mine and I smiled down at him. He smiled up at me weakly. "Thanks" I said softly, trying not to startle him, remembering that he usually didn't like to be touched and he looked up at me to let me know "you better not mention this to anyone."