Chapter 6

"YOU BUTT, GET BACK HERE!!!" I yelled as I chased after Seojun, a small pup who had pranked me by soaking me in water when I was sitting under a tree. I tripped, and face planted into the soft grass, “Ughh.” I groaned.

I heard laughing come up behind me, and I knew it was Jimin. I stayed laying in the grass, frowning as I heard Jimin squat down beside me.

“Looks like Seojun got you again.” He chuckled.

“I don’t know what that kid has with me! Seriously. I’ve been here for nearly a week, and I’m already being terrorized by a kid.” I said, rolling into my back, “And heck, where were you? Aren’t you supposed to ‘protect me’ and stuff?” I raised my eyebrow at him.

“Sorry, I was gone arranging something.” Jimin said, sitting down beside me and smiling.

“... And that something is…” I said, wondering why he left me off at just that.

“You’ll see.” He said, standing up and giving me a hand.

I grabbed it and he lifted me up.

“Let’s go get you a change of clothes.” He lead me back to the pack house, and to our room to let me change.

Once I got a new shirt and pants, I followed Jimin to a different part of the pack house that I haven’t been to before.

“Where are we?” I asked Jimin, looking around.

“These are the lesson rooms.” Jimin said

“Why are we-”

“You’ll see, love.”

We walked a little further before stopping at a certain classroom. Jimin opened the door for me, and I walked inside.

“Ahh, you must be (Y/N)! Welcome my dear.” An elderly lady said sitting in a chair at the front of the room. She stood up shakily, walking over to me and talking my hand, “My name’s Minsoo. It’s a pleasure to meet you, darling.”

“Uh hi. It’s a pleasure to meet you too, but uhh… What’s happening?” I asked

“Oh, so this silly boy here didn’t tell you what was happening, huh?” Minsoo said, looking around at Jimin, smirking.

Jimin walked up to my side, putting a hand on my shoulder, “We’re gonna teach you how to transform and use your powers. Minsoo here is the most connected to her wolf than any of us here, and she is the best teacher our pack has to offer.”

I let out a little gasp, my eyes widening, and I smiled in excitement. I was gonna learn how to turn into a freaking WOLF??!?! I couldn’t help but jump up and down in excitement.

"Ahhhhh!!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!” I said, hugging Jimin tightly.

“I didn’t think you would be that excited, hah!” Jimin giggled, letting me go.

I was so eager I wanted to start right away, and I think Minsoo could tell. She let out a chuckle before walking back to her chair and sitting down slowly, as to not hurt her old frame.

“Stand in front of me child, please.” Minsoo said, gesturing to where she wanted me to stand.

I followed her instructions, trying to stop from bouncing excitedly.

“Now, pups born into the pack are born with their wolf. It’s always there, whether you feel it or not. It’s not till a pup reaches the age of eight when they can start really harnessing their powers. And they have to wait even longer until they are twelve until they are able to transform. After that, it comes to them naturally. Now you, on the other hand, never got to really learn how to connect with your wolf, since you were raised by humans, am I correct?”