Chapter 12

WARNING! Dark themes and violence ahead.

"And so from now on, Nobody is allowed to be unattended outdoors. Always have a buddy with you, for your own safety." Namjoon finished announcing to the pack, who were all gathered together in the cafeteria. Once he finished, a loud murmuring of worry spread throughout the group. "Do we have any questions?" Namjoon said, the pack quieting again slightly.

Several hands raised, and Namjoon picked one.

"What do you think will happen if we do get captured?" A scared female said.

"I'm not sure, but let us just hope that never happens." Namjoon said.

I knew very well he was lying that he didn't know... It was very clear what would happen. We would be enslaved, worked to death. Forced to fight for entertainment purposes like David had to do. But I kept my mouth shut, since I knew he lied so as to not raise more panic. Namjoon picked another raised hand.

"How do the humans know of us in the first place? I thought we werewolves have become a myth to humans... why are they coming after us now?"

"I don't know how they found out, but I don't think their discovery was just recently. But I can assure you not all humans now know of werewolves. This group of people who do know seem to still be keeping it a secret."

"Those bastard humans, I say we werewolves should all come as one and kill them! We are far more powerful than they will ever be! WE are the superior race! We should rule!" An angry male voice yelled out.

I panicked as a few of them even started agreeing to the stubborn male's outburst. Even Namjoon looked a bit shocked. I decided to take action and stand up.

"Listen! I was RAISED by humans. Throughout my years being surrounded by them, I've learned one thing. Humans contrast to each other in so many ways. There are bad people. Really bad people. But if we go by their examples and take down the whole human race, there will also be many innocents that will die. People that deserve life, and didn't know of our pain and didn't deserve death whatsoever! Those innocent people INCLUDE my adoptive parents. They took care of me when nobody else would. They taught me how to be a good person, and although I was different, they treated me the same as they would if I was normal. I was loved. If you consider them terrible, then you might as well throw me out." I stood on top of my seat. Jimin beside me looked a bit shocked, "If we go and kill all of them, we might as well be called murders. Then, if we do that, we would have deserved what we get by SOME of the humans. Not all of them. Not all people are the same. Not all people deserve such harsh punishment."

As I went silent, the whole room did as well. Slowly, whispers of agreement went through the crowd.

"Yeah! Throw her out!" One guy said all the way in the back, only to be silenced by the glares of everyone else.

Namjoon came and stood beside me, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"(Y/N) is absolutely right! We don't want to become worse than the people torturing our kind. We will NOT target the innocent! That is wrong in our way of living. It goes against what we werewolves stand for! But we will take down those who are guilty. We will come forth, and we will bring them to justice!" Namjoon said, determined.

The whole room was filled with loud cheers, and I smiled. I stepped down from the seat I stood on, and Namjoon patted me on the back.

"Good job back there. You are a natural speaker." Namjoon complimented me, his dimple showing as he smiled.

"I eh uh thanks." I giggled, a bit embarrassed before sighing, "I'm just so worried about him..."

"We will find your brother, (Y/N). That's a promise." Namjoon said, putting his hands on my shoulders.

I smiled up at him, nodding.

"Thank you... thank you so much, for everything." I said, "For taking me in... for accepting me... it means a lot."

"That's what friends do!" Jungkook came in, putting an arm around my shoulder.

Jimin went and held my hand.

"Anything for Jimin's mate." Taehyung said, "And plus, you're one of us now! You're stuck here!"

I chuckled at that, "I wouldn't rather it be with any other group of people. I love you guys!"

David's POV

My eyes opened slowly taking a look at my blurred surroundings before shutting tight again as the worst headache came over me.

"Ah- god..." I held my head in pain, swearing under my breath. I tried opening my eyes one more time, and looked around.

I knew this place...

I knew this place too well...

I snapped sitting straight up, looking around. I started breathing faster as I started to hyperventilate.

"No- Nonono- god no-" I panicked, standing up and running to the bars of the cell I was trapped in, "NO! LET ME OUT LET ME OUT, I'LL TEAR YOU TO PIECES!" I screamed ruthless threats at no one. I was so loud though, surely somebody heard.

And also, to be honest, I did want to tear the men who put me here apart bit by bit, but I doubted I could do that. I was terrified of these men. I was terrified because I knew very well what they were capable of.

I stopped screaming, and fell to my knees, my grip on the bars not loosening. I cried, eyes open wide as I stared at the floor. Anyone who saw me now would probably think I looked like I'd gone insane. Which... wasn't far from the truth.

If I was threatening these men like I was even though I would never be able to do those things, what was I doing?

Well, that's easy. I was trying to get killed, of course. I failed to escape. I thought I was safe, I thought maybe I could start LIVING again.

The fact that they found me has made me lose all hope. There was no way I could get away from them, so why bother trying? I'm better off dead.

BANG!

BANG!

BANG!

BANG!

"Hey, what's that sound? You should go check it out."

BANG!

BANG!

BANG!

"Oh shit-"

BANG!

I was grabbed by the hair through the bars, stopping me from bashing my head in on the bars.

"Are you a fucking idiot?!?"

I just stared at him, only being able to see him with one eye as the blood from my forehead ran into my left eye.

"Ugh, disgusting. Look, you better stop whatever you are trying to do, mutt. Or else we'll make your life a living HELL. Got it?" He said, but I didn't break my hopeless and dead gaze, "If you're smart you'll stop. You've already caused enough trouble. Getting tortured every hour for the rest of your short life is no fun way to go out."

He shoved me onto the ground with my hair before walking away.

I laid on the cold ground, as still as a rock. Maybe if I just laid here I'd die sooner