Chapter 7

I cannot express how exhilarating it is to finally be able to go on a run with Jimin. Sure, I might not be able to run as fast as him with my small, skinnier legs, but I was able to dodge trees with ease. Easier than he could, anyway.

"Try to catch me!" Jimin said, communicating through our wolves.

I let out a playful growl, and tried to run faster after him, trying to take little shortcuts. However, Jimin knew the forest better than I did, which was really down on my side. Jimin looked behind him and barked at me teasingly. I growled slightly, before an idea came into my head. I veered off into the shrubbery and hid, letting Jimin run off, unaware that I was gone. I sat still, looking through the leaves of the bush I was hiding in. Like expected, Jimin came and turned back around to come look for me when he noticed I was gone. He was sniffing the ground before lifting his head up and looking around, whimpering slightly. He let out a bark, trying to call for me, but I stay inside the bush. I was waiting for the right time to arise. He went back to sniffing around, before he caught my trail and started coming towards me. I wiggled slightly, getting ready to pounce. Soon, Jimin was close enough, so I leapt from the bush and tackled him, Jimin yelping in surprise. We rolled around before we stopped, with me on top.

"Gotcha!" I said triumphantly, Jimin looking surprised before smiling and panting.

With a quick roll of his body, Jimin turned and pinned me down.

"Nooo, I got you!" Jimin said, smirking down at me.

I laid there on my back and just pouted, looking away from Jimin. He whimpered before bending his head down to lick me on the cheek. He lifted his head back up, and I licked him in return. He then got off me, and laid down beside me, and I rolled over to lay beside him.

"You weren't supposed to do that." I said, as I nuzzled my muzzle into his soft and fluffy fur. I was slightly jealous of him since I had shorter fur. It was still soft though, just not as much as his.

"You still love me though, right?" Jimin said, rubbing the side of his face against mine.

"Yeahhh, I guess I do... stranger." I said

"Heyy! I said for you to stop calling me that. We aren't strangers anymore!" Jimin said in a cute, slightly whiny tone.

"Okkk, okkk, I'm sorry Jiminie." I apologized, although, I didn't really mean it.

We sat there cuddling, panting and trying to catch our breaths, before Jimin's head suddenly snapped up.

"What is it?" I asked, a little alert.

"I smell... I smell someone." He said.

"From our pack?" I tried to sniff what he was smelling as well, but my nose wasn't as well trained as his.

"No, a stranger." Jimin stood up, turning to some trees and growling lowly. His neck was hunched over and his head was lowered. He bared his teeth aggressively, not afraid to fight if he had to. I stood up too, making sure to stay behind Jimin, since I was much smaller than him and probably couldn't take a fight.

I tried looking in the direction he was, staring into the shadows, before I finally saw a deep, dark brown wolf walk forth. He had a clipped ear, and a scar over his nose. I tried to get a good sniff of him, getting a whiff of the dirty, almost swampy smell of his fur. Just from that, I could assume that the intruder was most likely a rogue. A lone wolf.

 A lone wolf