Potent Potential - Seven - Visitors or Vermin?

Seven - Visitors or Vermin?

________________________

"Well, what about this guy?"

I took in the bad quality photograph. It was a little blurry but I could still make out the face of a guy who looked about my age. He had navy blue hair with a white strip down the centre, like he'd painted on a Mohawk, without the lengthened hair. I shouldn't be able to see his eye colour in the picture but they glowed an unnatural green. His skin was coffee coloured and his features were smooth, marred only by a scar beneath his right eye that ran vertically to the edge of his mouth. He was thin, hunched and the knife in his hand made him look dangerous.

"Could be perfect for you," I said, looking away from the photo up to Missi.

She flipped the photo around to look at it, pleased. "I thought so, but could he be a little too flashy."

"He's the best one I've seen so far," I said drily. "But seriously, you do realise this could be construed as stalking, right?" I waved my hand to the group of photos depicting different guys of different ages.

"Oh, who's gonna care?" she said offhandedly. "Okay, I'll approach this guy and then..." She looked up at the door, her face going soft.

I glanced over and saw Char standing there, her hands on her hips. "Missi, you mind?"

"Actually, I was getting pretty hungry. I'll be back in a moment." Missi uncrossed her legs and slid off the side of my bed before skipping out. I watched her crimson hair disappear out the door and then returned my attention to Charlie.

"Don't you dare say something that I'm going to hate you for," I growled.

"You should've called me as soon as you woke up!" she said angrily. "And don't you dare think you can tell me what to say and what not to say!"

"Why would I call you?!" I sat up quickly and I could feel a few frail wounds break open again, making me wince. "You were doing things behind my back!"

She lifted her hands in frustration, looking like she wanted to strangle me. "It was to help you." She didn't raise her voice but it was still brimming with fury.