Exploring Sexuality (1.1)

*first rewrite, unedited*
Chapter Title: What Are Your Last Desires?
***Light Warning***
This arc will contain a slight tsundere asshole of a ML who gradually softens up and some triggering scenes such as homophobic insults and family abuse.
*Make sure you read the prologue if you haven't already! It leads into this chapter and you'll be kind of lost without it. I know some readers from my last story skipped over it because they thought it was just an author's note and were constantly asking me questions that would've been easily answered if they had read it.*

Sun Hui finally opened his eyes, only to close them again when he found he was still blinded by a white light, though less intense. He opened his left eye slowly, keeping his right one closed. When he felt that the light was tolerable, he blinked rapidly before fully opening both his eyes.

He held his breath. Hui had no idea how he would take his first time having freewill back after living so long in submission and under control. He not only had a conscious mind, but now a conscious body. He could change things instead of following the doomed plot. Well, doomed for him.

Just as he was enjoying the freedom given to him, the air was sucked right out of him.

"Nng!" Hui grunted, falling to the ground in a fetal position from the force of the punch. Who was even punching him, anyway? Why didn't he feel anything? Was his body that numb?

These people will think it's weird if I don't react, Hui thought. Even if he couldn't feel anything and was numb to physical pain probably from years of tolerance, the original soul was more realistically easily pained. Hui maintained the same body figure, and judging by how he knew that he would've felt pain if he was back home before this whole phenomenon happened, the original soul was most likely to be in pain from such a blow. And even if he was unresponsive to the pain, Hui can tell he dislocated something among the skirmish. It didn't hurt, but it did feel strange and a little sore.

"Oh my god, Xiao Hui!" a voice called in frantic Mandarin.

Hui instinctively looked up at the sound of his name. A girl with soft features and medium length straight black rushes towards him. Her brown eyes that made her look elegant and —dare he say it — alluring were full of fear and concern, a mix he often saw directed towards him by his older brother. She threw herself in between the fray. Hui could only see her back from his position on the ground as she blocked off the attacker. Her arms were spread out, and Hui caught only a few angry and concise words between the loud ringing in his ears.

Guardian angel? Hui thought, fading in and out of consciousness. She had an air about her that seemed like it, at least. She was regal, elegant, and graceful like a princess from the heavens. Sun Hui knew almost immediately without the plot to help that she must be the female lead.

A second party arrived. His aura screamed power and authority with each step he took. It reminded him a lot of Jin from the last world, with a dominance possessed by several male leads. He was around the same height as Hui's twenty year old brother, and his sharp silver eyes looked ready to murder someone with his gaze alone. He didn't get a good look at the guy for too long, as the boy marched over to the attacker and swung. It was fast and quick, the kind of action that would be missed if you blinked at the wrong moment. The attacker from what he had seen hunched over right after, clutching his face where the male lead had swung.

Am I under some kind of female lead and male lead halo protection? Don't tell me I'm one of those cannon fodders who dies for the leads, who then come closer over their shared grief. That would be such a lame plot, Hui winced at the horrible cliché.