1.3

*first rewrite, unedited*
Chapter Title: What's Wrong with This Guy?

Hui still couldn't place why the plot had suddenly taken a turn of events. He couldn't think of anything that happened differently from when he first came here. His presence couldn't have had an immediate impact on the plot, could it?

Well, it doesn't seem that much different. They still treat me like shit, Hui pondered.

But Shuo had come inside their house when he never originally did. What impact would that have? He also didn't seem too pleased with Lin's behavior, which is just as unusual. Would this create a quicker break up? Hui had a lightbulb idea. He could use the cracks of their relationship to his advantage when plotting his revenge. If he could expose the both of them...Shuo will lose complete interest of Lin and break up with her, humiliating Lin. Lin would get double the damage, which is just as fair since Shuo wasn't the worst one out of the two. In fact, he was a victim just as well in the whole mess. Lin had manipulated him into bullying Hui, and once it got too far Shuo felt immense guilt to the point he became a hermit and died from overwork, similar to how Hui locked himself up and neglected his needs. Still, he wasn't completely free of the crime, and Hui would still make sure he got his chunk of the revenge wish.

Not wanting to lay in bed all day, Hui managed to carry himself to the computer and sit down in the chair. He couldn't just heal naturally. Not completely, anyway. He would need to find a way to go to the hospital, preferably once he had some money. He could also get a check up on the wounds that never fully healed and still ached. Hui winced, but not from pain. He feared he may have to get surgery of some kind to fix all his messed up injuries.

While on the computer, Hui looked up a list of jobs looking for employment. At his age, there weren't many a high school teenager could do. When his eyes landed on a help wanted post from the local library, Hui thought he could make it work. He had a vast knowledge of books thanks to his brother, and his brother had also worked in libraries in high school. It was simple enough, and he could feel somewhat close to his brother.

Hui sighed at the thought. He missed Ru so much. He had no idea when exactly he could get out of the system. He knew he had to be closer to getting out, since he had freewill. Hui had already deduced that only another person of some kind, probably someone powerful, had managed to overcome the Lord God. To his knowledge, only human transmigrators like him had fallen prey to the Lord God. The person had to have been skilled at hacking and have loads of spiritual energy to be so powerful. He wished he could meet the hero who unknowingly saved his life. Alas, he couldn't help but feel they were from two separate worlds.

Clicking on the apply button, Hui did his application and made sure to include his expertise in computers (gained from traveling to so many worlds) and his knowledge of books. Once again feeling homesick, Hui clicked out of the window that reminded him too much of his scholarly and literature fanatic brother. Hopefully, he would be getting an answer back and an interview in the next couple of days. Nobody from school really went to the library and Hui himself never showed himself much to the public, so he wasn't worried someone would spot him and cause trouble. Once he got enough savings, he would buy an apartment for himself.

Hui then deleted his browser history so as to delete that horrible link that would lead to his demise, and began strengthening the security on the computer so it wouldn't be easily accessed. From the knowledge the original had with all his time on this computer, it was easy for Hui to navigate it plus with all the knowledge he had of 21st century technology from the worlds he was in. A huge part of his life as a cannon fodder included him hacking into stuff to push the plot in the direction the system and AI wanted.

Once Hui was satisfied that there was no way Lin could access his computer if he wasn't around, Hui went back to his cot. It had taken him the majority of the day, and Lin should be coming back from her usual date with Shuo in an hour or so, around the same time their parents came home from work. Lin often went on dates with Shuo after school, and Hui wondered if they did more than that.