Love Invalid: 2

Athena's POV

I wake up to the sound of my alarm, blaring into my eardrums. My hands move up to find my phone and once I get a grip on it, I throw it down on the floor. The loud thud comes with the silence of the alarm. I smile unknowingly before closing my eyes again.

Just in time when I feel like my dreams would get any better, the sound of my alarm makes me open my eyes widely and throw pillows all over the room, ''Damn it.'' I curse under my breath, taking a glance at my alarm clock on the nightstand.

8.45am.

I'm late, who cares? I tie my hair up into a messy bun before jumping off the bed. I see my phone on the ground and I take it. I nod in satisfaction when I find out that I manage to turn the alarm off just by throwing the phone on the ground.

When I walk out of my room, I take the remote control and turn the tv on. My eyes landed on the screen in front of me. A familiar blonde woman smiling toward the camera as she pick up her cards.

I walk toward the kitchen and I take a glass of water before returning back to the living room.

''We on BuzzTV bring you the best gossips from all over the world! From different celebrities to satisfy you. Today on BuzzTV, we have the unexpected!''

''The well known footballer, Alexander Herrera was caught kissing with a mystery woman. Let's check it out.''

I snort unknowingly at the sound of him kissing a mystery woman. I still remember that Joanna told me he has been single for the past three years, I guess he has found someone to bang. I drink the glass of water but my eyes went wide to find a video of me and Alexander kissing in front of the bar.

''What the hell?!'' I shout loudly, trying to keep the water in my mouth without spilling.

''Oh, what a hot steamy kiss! The mystery woman seems to enjoy the kiss as much as Alex. One of our fellow reporters manage to caught that steamy moment but unfortunately, she walks away a few minutes after, leaving Alexander staring at her back.''

''Who could the mystery woman be? We'll find out soon! Stay tune with BuzzTV.''

My eyes still opens wide in shock, ''Mother of—'' I was cut off with my ring tone. I look at the Caller ID to find Joanna calling me, ''Joanna!'' I shout her name as I take another sip of my water.

''Oh my god, Athena! Have you seen the news?'' Her voice sounded excited yet confused at the same. Well hell, I'm much more confused!

The guy I met at the bar yesterday was surely not Alexander Herrera, I'm sure of that but then again, he's name is sure is Alexander. I furrow my eyebrows, trying to remember what happened yesterday but I can't really recall much. I remember telling him to go away but he didn't budge. I remember checking him out and I remember seeing him smile.

''I... I just saw what happened.'' I mutter lightly.

I don't really remember how I got home yesterday but I don't have the time to really think right now. My mind feels corrupted and it feels like I can't even think any further.

''Is that really you?'' She asks this time, making me feel a little bit confuse myself. I reach for the remote control and I press the rewind button. When the video of me kissing Alexander is back, I press the pause button. From behind, it is surely me. Those brown hair are mine and I am definitely sure that the blouse I was wearing belongs to me.

I look down to see that I am still in the same blouse.

''I think...'' I reply before cupping my face, ''What the hell is going on, Joanna?''