Love Invalid: 10

Athena's POV

''Mom, why didn't you tell dad?'' I say as I slowly turn to look at Alex who is standing awkwardly. He avoids my dad's eye contact as much as he can but dad keeps on staring at him which doesn't help at all right now. Wait, he doesn't notice who he is? I mean, for someone who watches football a lot should have notice.

''Well, I forgot.'' She shrugs, as if it was not a big deal.

''How can you forget? You found out yesterday and you never forget about things like this.'' I sigh deeply. Suddenly, I feel someone holding me by the waist and when I turn around, I see Alex holding my waist. He seems scared to even hold me but he looks down at me, raising an eyebrow and giving me the what-the-fuck-is-going-on-right-now look.

''I'm sorry Athena.'' My mother chuckles, she turns to my father, ''James, don't glare at the boy, you're scaring him.''

I look up at my dad who glares at Alex endlessly. From here, I can see how Alex tries his best to look anywhere but at my dad. God, I pity him. I chuckle mentally but I walk toward dad, ''Dad.'' I mutter nicely and he looks down at me with a sigh.

''What do you mean fiancè, Athena?''

''It means that he proposed?'' I end up questioning him back. He gives me the are-you-serious look before narrowing his eyes at me. I smile a bit before pulling him into a bear hug, ''Dad, please let me introduce both of you first.''

''James.'' My mom warns as my dad tries to shake his head in denial.

''Alright.'' He finally gives in and I let go of him.

I walk back to Alex. He just stands there like a lifeless person as he stare down at the ground. Oh boy, never would I thought that he would freak out meeting my dad? I elbow him lightly and he looks up, making eye contact with my dad. He clears his throat, ''S—sir, I'm Alexander Hererra.'' He looks down at me, ''I'm your daughter's fiancè.''

I smirk unknowingly, did he just stutter?

''Alexander Hererra?'' Dad raises an eyebrow at Alex and he nods quickly, ''I think I've heard that name before... but I can't remember where or when.'' And dad looks at mom, ''Alessa, do I know him?''

Mom looks at me, ''Ask your daughter, not me.'' And she walks away toward the living room, leaving the three of us.

Great, mom.

''Do I know him, Athena?'' Now, he asks me and I just shake my head.

''It depends.'' I reply.

''What do you mean, it depends?'' He raises an eyebrow at me and at Alex who is now clenching his jaw.

''If you think that you know him, then yeah?'' I give him a fake smile, ''Well dad, it was nice introducing Alex but it's time to get out of the way, right Alex?'' I narrow my eyes at Alex and give him a fake smile as well. He looks at me before nodding, his face is making me want to laugh.

''But, I'm not done yet, Athena.'' Dad touches my arm, holding me back.

''Dad, you have time to ask during dinner.'' And I grab Alex's hand as we walk out of the kitchen. I see my mom going through the drawers, searching for her scent candle but as we pass her. Alex is just walking with him and he stays quiet all the way.

We walk up the stairs and I just glance at my room but going to a different direction. There's my bedroom, my parent's bedroom and a guest room on the top floor. There's also a guest room downstairs but might as well just take him upstairs.

I open the door and I push Alex in before closing the door.

''Okay so let's just leave him thinking that he knows you.'' I say as soon as we both enter the room. Alex is now yawning again as he walk toward the bed and sit down. He moves his neck sideways and his hands behind him, supporting his body. He looks at me sleepily but if you don't know that he's sleepy, it might seems like he's looking at you seductively.