༺ recess pt. 2 ༻

crybaby

"you're doing this on your own."

crybaby heard those words and knew that she'd let down alexis for the last time.

hitching up her skirts so as to not trip over them, she tore away from the group in search of leo, who seemed to have disappeared.

she scanned the whole ballroom in vain, before stepping out into the hallway, panting.

where the fuck could he have gotten to?

there was only one place he could hide undisturbed,

or would be hiding during a school dance;

his office.

without hesitation, crybaby began to hurry towards the principal's quarters.

she reached the heavy gold-and-white door as fast as she could; she reached for the handle, and was about to push it open when she heard a crackling over the school intercom and leo himself began to speak.

"good evening, students. "this is your new principal speaking- and i know what you're plotting. i know what you did."

crybaby's blood ran cold.

"you all think you can kill my father and then get out of this school without consequences? that's not how things work here, not anymore. i said i would maintain order and punishment for disobeying rules. now, dance- it'll be your last."

the speakers began to play a soft, lilting harp chime; footsteps of dance moves and yells could be heard echoing from the main hall, throughout the school.

"well shit," crybaby muttered. after that, she couldn't just waltz in there as herself. what was she meant to do?

leo was a boy, right?

and all boys only wanted one thing.

she thought back to the boys crowding around the girls' changing rooms at the swimming pool, nodding to herself. her eyes faded to black as she took on another form; taller, slimmer and curvier- what she assumed most men wanted to see. she knocked on the door lightly and when granted entrance, stepped inside.

"i'm here for the... assistant position." ignoring the nerves in the pit of her stomach, crybaby walked slowly over to leo's desk and perched on the edge.

leo blinked, and was quick to nod. "ah, yes, the... assistant position. of course."

crybaby took a deep breath as she just went along with it.