Chapter 7

Seulgi's POV

I was on my way to my office when I heard commotion coming from the ER. People were shrieking and screaming, there was a male patient, maybe in his 40's threatening the doctors with scalpel on his hand. His head was covered with blood some wound over his body. 'A trauma patient?'

"Don't come near me, I want to die, why did they bring me here! Don't come!"

He was about to hurt himself but I managed to stop him by kicking the hand holds the scalpel, I've no choice but to pin him on the floor. I need to act fast to avoid any injuries,

" Nurse Hong, get me the tranquilizer. Why did no one page me about this?"

" I was about to Dr Kang but the commotion start before I could reach my phone, I'm sorry." Dr Eunji said.

I was about to carry the patient after he lost conciousness however Jinyoung carried him first. He was still in his office attire but without the blazer and his sleeves rolled to the elbow, messy hair and one button off.

"Jinyoung shii, what are you doing here? Thank you for carrying him." I was shocked to see his hands covered in blood, so I rushed to him, checking his hand for any wounds "Are you hurt anywhere?"

"I want to find you, they said you might be in the ER. I was about to talk to you when you kick his hand, hahahaha. And I'm okay Seulgi-shii." He looked down to my hand that still holds his arm, and I awkwardly pull away.

"I'll attend him first then we talk in my office okay?  It might take a while. Do you mind waiting?"

"It's okay, can I wait at your office, Seul?"

"Yea, I did not lock them." Wait, does he know where my office is? Before I could even told him, he walked away.

Thus, I continue to examine the patient but he doesn't have any major wounds.

" Take him for CT scans, page me the result and if anything happen. Finish him up Dr Jung."

Jung Eunji, a 3rd year intern, skillful and diligent. Did I mention she's pretty too? I went back to my office and I found Jinyoung sleeping on the couch. I covered him with my favourite blanket. My phone buzzed showing Yeri on the caller id.

" Unnie, four of us are heading back now, you joining?" Yeri asked.

" Ani, I brought my car, I'll head home soon! Don't start without me okay."

She hung up and I saw Jinyoung wiggling slowly and waking up from his sleep.

" Did you wait too long? Am I loud that you're awake? I'm sorry."

" No no, I'm good. Did your shift end already? Sorry I overheard your conversation."

" Yes, my shift end not long ago. What did you want to discuss with me, Jinyoung shii? I'll make some coffee for you. Is it okay?"

"Okay, thank you for the offer! " He smiled.

I had my back facing him when suddenly I felt a pair of warm hands around my waist with his chin on my shoulder. I did not resist. Why? I don't even know why, I can easily pin him down but here I am still making coffee in his backhug.

"We are a total strangers Kang Seulgi, but why do I find comfort in your touch. Back in the ER, I was so anxious seeing you standing bravely stand in front of that man. You were different. I don't know what happen but after a long day like today, I always want to have you in my hug, a warm ending of the day."

He hug me tighter, "I don't know Jinyoung, I am your brother's ex fiancee and your sister's bestfriend. I don't know you and so do you, you dont know me. We can't make it."

He turned me to face him, " I am Park Jinyoung, the eldest of Park's family. I work at my family's company. I love to watch movies and taking walks. Nice to meet you Kang Seulgi." He shaked my hands.

I laughed, 'What a weird guy'. "Annyeong, I'm Kang Seulgi."

"That's it?"

"Yup, maybe the rest is for you to find out." He pulled me into his hug again,

"So, I do have a chance.", my cheeks were burning with that just one sentence. I try to escape from him. He was hugging me tighter and burying his face in the crook my neck.

"Just another 10 minutes, Seul."

"That feels familiar."

"Ofc you idiot, I said that when we hugged on the couch. Anyway, you're going back home right? Let me send you."

"It's okay, I brought my car today."

" I insist, I'll fetch you for work, tommorow then"

" Tommorow and the day after tommorow is my off day but I'll be at hospital to send your mom back home. But if you insist, you can send me back home."

" oh yeah! Kaja", He holds my hand and we head out. Seeing him like this made my heart fluttered.