The bad things happen

"Hey, do you know that feeling when you have the power to do something, but you don't and then the bad things happen and they happen because of you?" "Trust me, I know that feeling all too well."

(Captain America: Civil War? I almost melted at the way Tom expressed his emotion when he quoted this. My favourite Spiderman/Peter Parker quote).

3rd Person's POV-

"...and don't worry too much. Sleep well and eat on time. Don't trouble uncle Liam too much. Be our good girl. We love you a lot, (y/n)," Mrs. (y/l/n) kissed her daughter's forehead, kneeling down to engulf her in a warm embrace. 

She knew the fate of her husband and her. Knew that they won't be able to see their lovely sunshine again. But that didn't stop them. They knew that what they were about to do would save the world and, if luck was in their favour, then they might be able to see their daughter again. 

A five year old (y/n) giggled as she was detached from her mother and picked up my her father, who twirled her around before setting her down on the ground. 

"Will you guys call me every night to sing me my favourite bedtime song?" The innocent girl hiccupped. 

"Of course we will, darling. How can we ever forget?" Her father cooed, lifting her again and giving her a piggy-back ride.

"And in case we did forget, you always have uncle Liam to sing it to you," her mother whispered, casting a hopeful look towards her twin brother, who gave her a firm nod. 

"Come on, (y/m/n). It's time that we leave. Good bye, angel. Be the nice and brave girl we taught you to be." Kissing her cheek one last time, her parents headed out towards the parked Taxi that stood in front of their gate, waiting for them.

The car drove off, disappearing into the fog. (y/n) stood there on her front porch, holding her uncle's calloused hand firmly, never letting go even when it was time for her to sleep.

Tucking her beneath the comfortable bedsheets, Liam sat down beside his only neice, stroking her hair until she was snoring peacefully. He gently pulled his hand from her grip, kissing her good night, and stood up, turning off the light and departing to his room.

(y/n) hadn't slept, only pretended to be asleep for she knew that her uncle wouldn't have left her until she had fallen asleep. 

She slowly crept out of her bed, making cautious steps towards her window and lifted it up. Settling herself carefully on the sill, she let her legs dangle freely, the moist air hitting them ever so often making shivers crawl up her spine. 

Then, without giving it a thought, she climbed down the water pipe, that was fixed right beside her window.

Jumping down her last descend, (y/n) wandered into the night city of New York.

(y/n) got up with a start. She felt warm beneath her cozy mattress, instantly wiggling out of it. Her shirt was damp with sweat, like it always was whenever she had the same dream. She ran a hand through her messy curls, then over her tired eyes, wipping away the remnants of the dream from them. 

Flopping back down on the bed, she turned to her side and picked up her phone from her night table. 3:45AM, it read. She groaned, already knowing that her sleep was ruined. Placing her phone back down, she turned on her back, looking at the ceiling that hovered above her. 

Memories from yesterday sprang back to her. The way Peter had yelled at her. The pain she had felt. She had come home, not uttering a single word, and had settled herself on her roof.